Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Weekend riding - 10-11NovSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 58
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Hmmm...maybe a little riding this coming weekend? I just looked at the weather, my mind is translating this to "find good roads and try out the new suspension settings":

Fri Nov 9
     56°
     40°
    Sunny
    Chance of rain:0%

Sat Nov 10
     60°
     43°
    Sunny

Sun Nov 11
     62°
     45°
    Sunny
    2 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    This sounds like a plan to me. I'm in. Any or all of those days.
    3 of 58
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Awesome...will know if sat or sun works by Weds
    4 of 58
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    It does look promising--probably one of the last good weekends of the year.
    5 of 58
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I reset my suspension today and would like to give it a bit of a workout
    6 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    "In what direction should we head?" he asks expecting the answer North and West.
    7 of 58
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Maybe we could go south and west for a change. There are some nice roads in central VA.
    8 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    "South and West!"
    9 of 58
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    sounds like South and West is the winner. We thinking Sat is best for people? Sat, 10ish start from NOVA, lunch in the wilds, back in the late afternoon/early evening? I would need to be home 5ish.
    10 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Meet @ sbux @ 10. Cup of coffee. Hit the road. Back in NOVA around 5. Check.
    11 of 58
    Jay
    11 years ago
    I'm in. Where/when is the DC crew meeting?
    12 of 58
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I think it will be at the Starbucks at the intersection of the Prince william Parkway and i95.

Starbucks
    2447 Prince William Parkway
    Woodbridge, VA 22192
    Crossing East Shopping Center

13 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Jay, we can meet at my house at 8:45 and leave at 9. Woodbridge is almost of an hour of superslab from my house so it would be a long day for you.

Do you have heated gear?
    14 of 58
    Jay
    11 years ago
    A long day in the saddle is fine with me. Could be one of the last of the season.
    Yes, I have heated gear - may come in very handy for the ride down.
    15 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Very cool. I'll see you at my house then.
    16 of 58
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I have an appointment at lake Anna at 10 on Saturday. Options for me include biking it there and meeting up after or I ride on Sunday.

Since you guys have already made plans I'm not trying to change anything. Just thinking out loud for me. I'll check with Patty to see if she is cool with me riding separately to the lake. Maybe we could meet at noon somewhere?
    17 of 58
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Obviously we'd love for you to meet up with us when/where you're able.
    18 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Yet another example of how useful the !#$!@#!@##%!%@#!@ $%$! app would be if only I could !#%!#$% get all this code finished and working ...
    19 of 58
    John St John
    11 years ago
    We all have complete confidence that you'll Gitterdone.
    20 of 58
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    There is great riding around lake Anna. We are looking at a house (second look) at 10 with a log home expert. Probably take an hour and then up to another hour to make decision/get offer signed should we go that way.

There is a waterside restaurant that we go to at the lake that would be a fine place to meet. However I've been threatened with severe punishment if I rush through the process to get to riding...not that that would EVER happen

Still thinking this through.
    21 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Dont' rush it. Purchases that large need to be done carefully. There will be other days to ride.

Looking at the map, it's 93 miles from College Park one way on Super Slab. I'd suggest we touch base around noon. I figure we'll head south and west to the mountains so Rob can try out his suspension. (Notice the self-sacrifice. ) Maybe we can meet up after lunch.
    22 of 58
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Ok, I am riding down seperately from Patty. We should be wrapped up before noon.

Here is A plan, not THE plan. I sort of plan on going there at noon because I'll need to eat anyway and it's close to where I'll be anyway. I'm actually hoping we are wrapped up earlier but noon is certainly a safe bet.

If you guys want, we can meet at the Lakeview Restaurant & No Wake Zone
    6320 Belmont Rd
    Mineral, VA 23117

Let me know if this is workable. If not, plan b....
    23 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    According to google it looks like 60 or so miles if we follow hell superslab 95. Not sure how it would take us if we went nicer back roads.

We're meeting at Starbucks at 10. I figure we'll be rolling by 10:30. I'd hate to spend a bunch of time going through more developed areas than we have to. From the map, not knowing the area and not having my mythical road tagging app, I don't know what good roads there are from Woodbridge down to that area. It looks pretty brutal on the map.

Did we want to go up in to the hills? (I'm assuming yes, since Rob wants to try out his suspension tweaks).

Just throwing out ideas. Maybe we could meet half-way. Are there any places to eat in Sperryville or Culpeper?
    24 of 58
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I'm beginning to think riding on Saturday might be a bridge too far. By the time I get to Culpeper it might be very late. I'll give you a nice route from hoodbridge Starbucks to the Lakeview restaurant and you guys can decide how to proceed. I'm not gonna hold anyone up though.
    25 of 58
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Le'ts see what the other guys think. If everyone's up for it, no problem we can come down for lunch. It's Rob's ride so let's let him call the shots on this one.