Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
EBC Rotors and Pads orderedSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 13
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    Practicing what I preach, I just ordered new EBC rotors (part #'s MD607LS MD607RS) and matching pads for my K100RS. They should be in next week.

The amount of money I have spent on this 18 year old bike this year is truly ridiculous.
    2 of 13
    Ian
    14 years ago
    Probably could have bought a pretty nice new bike, huh?

But the old bike has a story to tell.

Of course, if you want your next trip to be more of an adventure, do it on something like Duncan's old Water Buffalo. Just think of the people you'd meet when you're broken down in the middle of nowhere!
    3 of 13
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    @Ian Well, maybe not new but at least one a few years old. Of course realistically there's little I've done to this bike that one wouldn't need to do to any bike of a similar vintage, or realistically, much younger. If I'm going to continue riding this bike I should probably start turning more wrenches on it myself. Paying shop rates will eventually bankrupt me.

Water buffalo you say? Generally speaking to do a trip like this a machine has to "go" under it's own power ...
    4 of 13
    Ian
    14 years ago
    Oh, yeah - Duncan, no offense!
    5 of 13
    buffalo
    14 years ago
    None taken

Just for the record, however, you guys should know that both GT750s and RE5s have been entered in the past few years in the iron butt...
    6 of 13
    buffalo
    14 years ago
    I hope the EBCs are of the quality you expect--I've had mixed results with them over the years.

I take it the stock rotor price was up in the "stupid" range?

Yermo wrote:

Practicing what I preach, I just ordered new EBC rotors (part #'s MD607LS MD607RS) and matching pads for my K100RS. They should be in next week.

The amount of money I have spent on this 18 year old bike this year is truly ridiculous.
    7 of 13
    Ian
    14 years ago
    buffalo wrote:

Just for the record, however, you guys should know that both GT750s and RE5s have been entered in the past few years in the iron butt...

Great idea! Duncan, the next rally starts June 20th next year. Now THAT would make for a great motorcycling blog. What do you think, Yermo? Can we talk him into it?
    8 of 13
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    You will notice he said "entered" and not "finished".
    9 of 13
    buffalo
    14 years ago
    As a matter of fact, they were entered in the "hopeless" class, but managed to get more than half of the run done before they needed parts that weren't quickly available.

No catastrophic failures with either bike AFAIK...
    10 of 13
    buffalo
    14 years ago
    The real trick would be to do it on my L5T

Ian wrote:

buffalo wrote:

Great idea! Duncan, the next rally starts June 20th next year. Now THAT would make for a great motorcycling blog. What do you think, Yermo? Can we talk him into it?
    11 of 13
    mothman
    14 years ago
    "70 Yamaha L5TA Trailmaster 100 (ongoing project)"

reality check:

I haven't seen any "ongoing" work on this bike since he rolled it into the shed how many years ago?

I've also have never seen this bike run...

good thing it is small so it can be pushed easily.

iron butt is a long way to push a bike...

destroying Duncan's hopes & dreams one fact at a time.
    12 of 13
    SprintKS
    13 years ago
    Any update on the rotors? I'm curious to the performance. I've used EBC pads before; both street and dirt and have no complaints.
    13 of 13
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Still !@#$%!@# waiting. Now they are back ordered to the middle of November.

Once I have a chance to bolt them on and have some experience with them, I'll post a review.