Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
May 2011 Deal's Gap TripSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 16
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    The Trip is Dead, Long Live The Trip.

Been home for under an hour now and figure there's no time like the present to start planning the May trip.

I would like to be down at the Gap a little longer on the next trip. These 2 and 3 day trips just aren't long enough. Can anyone afford to take a 9 day trip? Two weekends and the week in the middle? That way we could do the Blue Ridge down and back and have a solid four days there. Or we could superslab part of it and have 5 or 6 days down there.

There's alot ot explore and alot of other rides to do in the area. There's also alot of stuff to see.
    2 of 16
    Ian
    14 years ago
    I myself am in no position to plan that far ahead. Chances are you can count me out, unfortunately.
    3 of 16
    buffalo
    14 years ago
    Sounds good, but for me, it's going to depend a bit on where my leave balance is at the time, and how many outside projects I'm getting pulled into by my company.

Yermo wrote:
    The Trip is Dead, Long Live The Trip.

Been home for under an hour now and figure there's no time like the present to start planning the May trip.

I would like to be down at the Gap a little longer on the next trip. These 2 and 3 day trips just aren't long enough. Can anyone afford to take a 9 day trip? Two weekends and the week in the middle? That way we could do the Blue Ridge down and back and have a solid four days there. Or we could superslab part of it and have 5 or 6 days down there.

There's alot ot explore and alot of other rides to do in the area. There's also alot of stuff to see.
    4 of 16
    buffalo
    14 years ago
    Sorry to hear it, but you never know, right?

In any case, it's even more reason for you to find some time to ride with us while you're here in the next few weeks

Ian wrote:
    I myself am in no position to plan that far ahead. Chances are you can count me out, unfortunately.
    5 of 16
    Ian
    14 years ago
    The one weekend that I'm there might be a little tricky, but I'll call you guys and see how everyone's schedule looks. It sure would be fun!
    6 of 16
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    @Ian Man, I'm hoping the situation changes and you'll be able to join us.
    7 of 16
    SprintKS
    14 years ago
    I would say we are in for now...just depends on when. I doubt we could get away for more than 4 to 5 days though.
    8 of 16
    Ian
    14 years ago
    One year Yermo was stuck at home for a few days, so he took the superslab down in a marathon run, while I left earlier and camped along the Blue Ridge. We got to Deal's Gap within 20 minutes of each other.
    9 of 16
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    @SprintKS What does your schedule for May look like at the moment? i.e. what weeks work, which ones don't? @Angela, how about you?

@Phil and you?

aww, hell. Everyone who's going to Deal's Gap in May please chime in on a preferred week to go. Bruce? Josh? Phil? Angela? Mike? Ian? Duncan? Anyone else.

I'm going to have to write a trip scheduler for m-by-mc ... so much code to write.
    10 of 16
    Phil
    13 years ago
    may works for me. I will bring down my KTM as well. it is the same exact bike as Mike's. we can have races. LOL.

I think there are trails around the conor from Fontana
    11 of 16
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    @Phil Yea, there are supposed to be trails all around that area. Many of the roads are unpaved as well. Sounds like fun!
    12 of 16
    SprintKS
    13 years ago
    As of right now, we have nothing in May that would be an issue...it's all the life stuff that sometimes crops up when you don't want it too.

I hope there are some great off road trails; can't imagine there wouldn't be considering the area.

Yermo -- your welcome to give the KTM a shot! It's a real blast. My hope is to get Angela back on a dirt bike someday as well. She road years ago and she's itching to give it a go again.

Phil -- I definitely stand a better chance of keeping up with you on a dirt bike vs. the street. I won't go as far as saying I will, just have a better chance
    13 of 16
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    @SprinkKS Here's a post about some dual-sport rides in the area:

14 of 16
    SprintKS
    13 years ago
    I will check it out thanks! Downside...my bike is not plated. It doesn't even have a headlight. I need to find ORV trails. Not sure whether Phil's bike is plated, but I doubt it.
    15 of 16
    Todd
    13 years ago
    I may be able to calendar something in May, but like others have said, by scheduling that far off there is a chance it could get bumped. I also am losing one of my touring mates since he is moving back to the NE this fall.

Later May would be better for me since I will have started to store the skis by then and will be looking for a bike trip.

I cannot do 9 days and usually take two down, one or two around and one back. I could meet up if you are taking more than five or so days. Being away from family is tough and I usually save that for skiing with the boys.
    16 of 16
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    @Todd Understood. Meeting up down there would probably work out best. At this point it's far from clear who will be traveling down together ... but details will get sorted out as we get closer to the date.