Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
R1100S back on the road.Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 14
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    The guest bike is once again proven to be operational. I took it for a short ride tonight and seems to be running just fine.

Lance had bolted on the mirror and turn signal without me noticing.

But I think I'm going to take the K100RS down to Deal's Gap. 550 miles on the R11S might be a bit too much for me.
    2 of 14
    jpcfjr
    14 years ago
    And besides, I need the "flying brick" to cut a substantial swath through the air thus providing me better gas mileage
    3 of 14
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    Laugh. It certainly does a good job at that.
    4 of 14
    Ian
    14 years ago
    What are the dates of your trip?
    5 of 14
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    I'm leaving tomorrow evening to head to Josh's house. He lives in Woodbridge. We'll leave from there relatively early the next morning and take back roads out to 81 and then super-slab it down. Josh has a route put together that's about 550 miles. It'll be a long day, but due to time constraints it can't be helped.

Should be a fun time though. I'm hoping the May trip down to the Gap will be longer. These short trips just don't cut it.
    6 of 14
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    Forgot to say, we'll be coming back Sunday. Short and Quick trip.
    7 of 14
    Ian
    14 years ago
    Have a great trip!

Don't mean to threadjack here, but I'll be in the area from the 21st through the 29th. Maybe I'll come to Web Night on the 27th if that's still a regular thing.
    8 of 14
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    Cool! What's the occasion?

We should definitely go for a ride while you're in town. I have my old jacket and your hold helmet here, a spare electric vest, etc.
    9 of 14
    buffalo
    14 years ago
    @ Ian, yep, web nite is still very much a going concern. In a perfect world, we could all go riding while you're here(!)
    10 of 14
    Ian
    14 years ago
    I like the way you guys think! Come to think of it, I'm not threadjacking, because this was about repairs to Ian's Bike, aka The R1100S!

Going for a ride may depend on my work schedule and might have to be a weekday thing, as my sister will probably be visiting with me on the weekend. But I'll let you guys know if it looks like I'll have a good chance. I will have access to a car. In fact, my old Subaru, to be exact.

What occasion, you ask? Just due for a visit. And if I don't come now it wouldn't be until next spring or even next fall before I get another good chance. (It's a long story...)

I understand the weather there has been great. Let's hope it sticks around for a little longer.
    11 of 14
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    Weather should be great today and tomorrow (hint, hint, nudge, nudge)...
    12 of 14
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Great ride today. Man we had some serious road luck ... the R1100S is running great.
    13 of 14
    mothman
    13 years ago
    it grew back on it's own,
    it has magical healing powers -

to prove it, just check Duncan's blood pressure
    when he's riding a bike
    it's down there just above corpse or he's part vampire.

I've never seen him in a mirror have you?
    14 of 14
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    @Mothman Can't say for sure. When we go riding the image of his bike keeps getting smaller in the rear-view for some reason.