Custom DR seatSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 7
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    So...I started on making the new DR seat. I tried about 12 different variations of foam density combinations until getting the layering that I liked best, did the rough shaping and laminated the layers together, and now just have to pick up some vinyl to cover it. I'm not going to go nuts on the cover yet until getting some miles down. That way if I want to adjust the foam layers and shape it's easy. I'll post some pics over the next day or so.
    2 of 7
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Excellent. I'm very curious to see this.
    3 of 7
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Here are some shots taken while roughing the foam, shaping, etc. It's back on the bike now with a temporary cover while I get a feel for how I like the foam. will then bring it to a local custom auto upholstery shop to be covered for real.

Photo #875
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #876
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #877
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #878
    rshaug
    11 years ago

4 of 7
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I'm very curious to hear how well this turns out.
    5 of 7
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    So far it is night and day.
    6 of 7
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Seat achieved, I ended up doing it myself. I used a base foam kit and cover from SeatConcepts and then played around with foam compounds to get the firmness I wanted. I also added fiber batting between the foam and the cover to provide better airflow and reduce seat temps. The cover is a weave pattern that is pretty slippery allowing easy movement on the saddle. There's very little change near the front, so standing is no prob. The shape is much flatter with a taper towards the rear and is wayyy more comfy than stock.

#seat #DR650 #yang #mighty #seatconcepts 

Photo #5221
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #5222
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #5223
    rshaug
    11 years ago

7 of 7
    Yermo