ConnectionsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 3
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    There is proof that M-by-M members have better "connections" than most

As our ride yesterday neared the home stretch we encountered our last tool booth, and the Baltimore tunnel. *Important things to know - Josh and I both live in Northern Virginia, and Josh was the only one who remembered to bring his EZpass yesterday* As Josh sped by in the EXpass lane the remaining members of the party queued up for the toll and then pulled away. Not seeing him after the toll booth I had assumed Josh simply headed straight home from there so I waved goodbye and peeled off onto the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (if there's no traffic it's the fast way home for us FFax/PW folks). I wondered if Josh had also taken the parkway or if he was going to pick it up from the 495 Beltway...

Sure enough just as I was approaching the intersection of the BW Parkway and 495 I got a call from Josh, however because of an issue with my new phone I could only hear him as my mike wasn't working. Short call with no info, I had no idea where he was or what route he had taken and had no way of letting him know mine. Turns out it didn't matter because about 5 minutes after that a black Yamaha FJ pulled up alongside of me on the parkway

With all of the options, timing and factors at play (traffic, lane closures, multiple routes, etc) we still ended up at the same spot at the same time on a moving highway. Cool.
    2 of 3
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    That is pretty cool. I was a little concerned when I saw you pull off unexpectedly, but I'm glad to hear all was good.
    3 of 3
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I was quite astonished to see your bike on 295 Rob. I had a WTF moment there as I pulled up behind you. Definitely nice to have the company.