Indian Hits One Out Of the ParkSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Even if you don't like big cruisers or American Motorcycles or Indian in particular, a quick read of this article ought to at least induce a touch of respect. Indian had a very challenging job in front of them--make an all new engine that incorporates modern reliability and engineering, while having the feel of something last built regularly in the 1940s. If Harley Davidson is watching (and they should be), they ought to be at least a little embarrassed by what Indian has done here:

Link #4666
    buffalo
    11 years ago

Indian Motorcycles Thunder Stroke 111 V-Twin Engine

Kevin Cameron takes an in-depth technical look at Indian s all-new Thunder Stroke 111 V-Twin. Check out the story and photos at CycleWorld.com.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/03/0...
    2 of 8
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Nice, but I'll still take an MST-R...
    Link #4668
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago

MOTUS MOTORCYCLES - The MST V4 Sport Tourer

Throttle Control for the Soul. The future of sport touring is taking shape at Motus. The MST-01 is a comfortable sportbike designed for long distance canyon carving and face-melting performance. At the heart of the Motus MST series is a purpose built, liquid-cooled V4 engine with a scandalous exhaust note. Start saving vacation days now.

http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/mst...
    3 of 8
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    There is some positively AWFUL rider positioning in this video. Had to laugh.

Link #4676
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago

Motus American V4 Sport Tour 2011 - California (wheelie)

"This is not your typical American motorcycle." Alan Cathcart "It's a step beyond where I thought it would be." Blake Conner - Cycle World magazine. (...yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBy...
    4 of 8
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Ugh. I see what you mean.
    5 of 8
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    To be fair, there is similar video of me from your camera Yermo. However, it's (I hope) not on YouTube and I am no motorcycle designer or journalist with any street cred. Also, the video of me was after about a year of riding seriously. Since then I've (hopefully) improved.
    6 of 8
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Yea, I'm of the same mind. If you're going to make a life in the motorcycling world you should at least be good at motorcycling.

It's gotten to the point that these days seeing curved spine body position where the rider leans butt out but then climbs the handlebars to keep his/her head away from the pavement really irks me ... I think maybe because simply seeing it I fear it re-inforces bad habits. It took so long for me to figure out I was afraid of the pavement.

Then I see someone who really knows what they are doing and I recognize how little I know:

His body positioning is textbook perfect.
    7 of 8
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    the UK's Bike magazine has some good videos online regarding riding. One of the things they mention to help people remember how to position their body is the concept of getting your head to the mirror on the inside of the turn. that actually forces your body to lean outwards into the inside of the corner and your head up and out. Works pretty well.
    8 of 8
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    LOL - thread officially hijacked!

Yeah, agree with all of above. I have found that using the basketball/lacrosse principles of defense helps with the leaning properly issue...that is, square the shoulders to the opponent. In this case, the "opponent" is the apex of the turn. And you thought it was your friend.