March 9th Ride to RevZillaSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    51 of 70
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Rob I'll see you at 9 at SB by the mall.
    52 of 70
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Took advantage of a break between Fri conference calls to hose it off, check tire pressures, etc, in preparation for the first real M-b-M ride of the new year

Photo #869
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    sortta clean ninja1k
    53 of 70
    Jay
    11 years ago
    Lookin good... Unfortunately I have not had time to tend to the Uly so she looks exactly like she did at the end of our last ride together. She'll be happy to see daylight regardless.
    54 of 70
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Jay wrote:
    Lookin good... looks exactly like she did at the end of our last ride together.

LOL, Jay think of it like a 10' paint job. Don't worry, it's not REALLY clean The weird grey mud-dirt from the last ride really stuck.
    55 of 70
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    @Jay, are you joining us tomorrow?

@Yun, how about you?

10AM at my house.
    56 of 70
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I'm really liking that this is shaping up to be a great group ride!
    57 of 70
    Jay
    11 years ago
    10am. Lair. Check

I may swing over to SB first. I assume we'll be stopping for gas on the way out or should I fill up on advance?
    58 of 70
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    If you like your coffee black come by a bit earlier and I'll make sure to have a fresh pot on.

Yes, gas stop on the way out. Check.

@rob, it is shaping up to be a good group tomorrow. Not yet sure if Yun is going to make it but he'd been talking about it so he may join us as well.
    59 of 70
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Updating the firmware on the Sena's as we speak.
    60 of 70
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I've been charging up the Scala as well...sadly I won't be able to hear you guys chatting...only my music. Bummer...*cough* *cough* really.
    61 of 70
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    laugh.

One of the two of us will have to relent later on this summer 'cause we're going to need com's for TAT.
    62 of 70
    Jay
    11 years ago
    I was hoping to get mine installed last night but just didn't have time.

Yermo, I'll be there early enough to join you for a cup
    63 of 70
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Coffee is on. If need be I can brew another pot.

Getting ready.
    64 of 70
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Looks like we might have 6 bikes going today ...
    65 of 70
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Well that was a hell of a ride. I put in about 350...a good day by just about any measure. Thanks everybody!
    66 of 70
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    That was an awesome ride--so glad we we're able to pull it off--thanks to everyone who made it happen--let's do some more!
    67 of 70
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I believe that's the first time I've ever enjoyed a ride up along the 95 corridor. Normally, I just hate that section of highway. Despite all the cars attempting to take us out, the traffic and the general lack of scenery, it was still a great ride. I even enjoyed the stop and go ride through the navy yard and city. These are things we would never have seen without some local insider knowledge.

Next time, I'll do a much better job of planning a lunch stop. This was the first time we've done a group this large into a city and I completely spaced the scarcity of parking. I had imagined that we'd go to RevZilla and they'd be able to point us to some sit down chain restaurant. I never imagined that there might not be any restaurants at all with parking lots. Also, I'm afraid lunch really disagreed with me. I think you guys noticed I wasn't doing so well.

Since I so rarely do that run, I completely forgot about the tolls. Thanks Rob for spotting me some cash to get us through. Yea, EZPasses may be a requirement if we do another ride up that way. (This is an excellent example of how the "Required Gear" feature in the upcoming ride planner might be used ...).

But for a group of bikes this large and that distance, it all went amazingly well. Those of us with voices in our heads will have to figure out some time to get together to really figure out what's up with the Sena Gadgets. Rob, you should post the video of everyone trying to sync the Sena's at Starbucks, unless anyone has any objections.

Here are a few photos:

RevZilla

Photo #871
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    RevZilla

Does SMH stand for "Smack My Head"?

Photo #873
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Can You Hear Me Now?
    68 of 70
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Here is the video...
    Link #4565
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    69 of 70
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    We should have a "caption this" contest for it.
    70 of 70
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Hmm, somehow I thought this would be funnier...Oh well, maybe we can try this again after a Costco bottle of Tequila!