Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
The Timonium Bike ShowSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 1
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Duncan and I went up to the Timonium Bike Show today. It was, let us say, colorful and surprisingly crowded. However, I have to say it was probably better than the DC show. There were more vendors of greater variety including many more smaller shops. My guess is the exhibitor fees are less allowing smaller operations to have presence.

Bob's BMW had a surprisingly large presence and were, apparently, involved in some kind of official capacity as we heard Bob announcing a custom build unveiling over the loudspeakers. Bob's had no less than four different exhibits. They were prominently displayed in the main hall. Jeremy Cook, their sponsored racer, had a few S1000RR's in the "Metric" hall. And in the other room, I forget what they called the Harley Hall, they had an extremely rare antique display and even two BMW choppers.

Overall I think I enjoyed the antique bikes the most. They really did have quite a large variety of bikes from all backgrounds and eras dating back to the '10's.

Ducati was there as was along with BMW, Triumph, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Harley Davidon, Victory and Indian. There were, of course, a large array of silly art pieces. "So Duncan, can we go look at some motorcycles now?" after having seen the umpteenth impossible to ride paperweight. Some of the customs, however, were mildly amusing including a chopped GoldWing.

As for vendors, No Mar was there. There were also endless arrays of Harley-esque leather vendors. But interspersed between all that were vendors of substance ranging from tool guys to various camera vendors and other mount-on-your-bike gadgets.

There was also an interesting off-topic garage outfitter along with a solar energy company.

And it was crowded. Amazingly overwhelmingly crowded. By the time we had seen most of it I was pretty wiped out.

Honestly, from a sheer "entertainment" perspective it was a better show than the DC one. I'm not sure how valuable it was, but it was interesting.

Here are a few photos:

Photo #829
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Duncan on a V-Rod

Photo #834
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    For Duncan

Photo #836
    Yermo
    11 years ago