Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
New tire changer readySubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    After drilling three new holes in the concrete floor, dropping in anchors, cutting bolts to fit, and cleaning up threads, the tire changer is ready for operation.

Photo #821
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago

2 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    That thing looks pretty serious.

(The new version of the code auto-rotates images so we shouldn't have these issues in the future ... assuming i can ever get this code done.)
    3 of 6
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    That's a hell of a tire changer!
    4 of 6
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    It's the Classic model from No Mar. It was their lowest model before they acquired Cycle Hill. The Cycle Hill model was a low cost proof of concept for me and Jay. Since it worked out well (12 tires changed in less than 12 months) and we got an additional "investor", we decided to upgrade at no cost to me and Jay.

No Mar will give you full value on an upgrade plus they threw in the extra lube and consumables that come in the box. This model should be a little easier to use as it has the bead breaker at waist height and easier clamps for the wheel rim (no posi clamps but a cam system that looks to be much faster to use). Drawbacks include larger bolt pattern and without the posi clamps I can't do beefier rims like Goldwing rears but I can buy them should I ever acquire a Wingabego.

If the weather holds, I'll need new shoes for the FJR in a month or so.
    5 of 6
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Wow, that looks pretty serious
    6 of 6
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Should be decent.

Incidentally, we'd be willing to add one more investor to the mix. $200 buys a quarter share in the operation including full use of the tire changer and balancer. On the third set of tires you're playing with house money.

If interested send me a message.