Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Promoting the siteSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    So I have this thing on the backend called goalTracker which I wrote back in 2000. In essence it gives me a bit more useful information than google analytics does in terms of what is actually workingl and some of the insights it provides can be surprising.

Next to major press, the most effective way of sending people to this site is to post honest and conversation relevant links in other popular forums.

For instance, this post showed up in the reports today:

Link #4918
    Yermo
    11 years ago

My Novel | Temptation Resort Cancun Forum

A few of you have asked me to bring copies of my novel, The Crimson Ecliptic, with me to Temptation next week. It was just released a few months ago.

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/tem...

thanks Rob!

The links I posted in Advrider two and a half years ago are still generating traffic.
    2 of 6
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I have a personal goal of driving at least one net new member to M-by-M per week
    3 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    "Excellent." I say in my best Mr. Burns voice.

The software is coming together. The backend is pretty much refactored and I've been focused almost exclusively on the front end for a couple of weeks now.

It's already to the point where using the live site feels really old, which is a good sign. I'm not sure if I'm going to make my self-imposed December deadline but if I miss it it won't be by much.

Once I do finally do the upgrade I suspect there will be quite a period of testing and making sure everything works in all the major browsers.

To make it possible to get this stuff done in any kind of reasonable timeframe I'm only focusing on support for relatively modern browsers. IE9 and later, recent versions of FF, Chrome and Safari.

I can't wait to get this new foundation stuff installed so I can start working on the maps. Luckily, now that all the hard work is done, the maps won't actually take all that long.
    4 of 6
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Well...from a testing perspective I can tell you that just in the past 3 days I've accessed M-by-M from 6 different platforms.

-IE on win7
    -Chrome on win7
    -Firefox on win7
    -Safari on iPad
    -Browser on android (Chromium based)
    -Firefox on android
    5 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    and on how many was it horribly broken?
    6 of 6
    rshaug