Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Simply AwesomeSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 12
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Tremendous skills on display here, with really good technique as well. It's kind of like a very well paved and maintained version of the Dragon
    Link #4892
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Mulholland @ 300fps - Red Epic Super Slowmo

Avi Cohen http://www.avicohen.tv/ on Mulholland with a Red Epic. Avi was kind enough to let me use clips from his late afternoon shoot. , Full frame normal s...

http://youtu.be/fPnkDd0cepg
    2 of 12
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I love the control they show in this video. They're not going crazy fast and are keep fantastic lines.
    3 of 12
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Actually they ARE going crazy fast considering the limb extractor three feet to the right. Also, check out some of the related videos. These guys are at the limit of adhesion on a public road with no run off.

Link #4895
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago

R6 Crashes into Parked Motorcycles 3/03/2012

Yamaha R6 lowsides into a couple parked motorcycles on Mulholland Hwy in Malibu. Motorcykel de accidentes de motocicleta ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v...

Link #4896
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    4 of 12
    John St John
    11 years ago
    I'm telling you boys, So. Cal. has some truly epic roads. Some of which I had the pleasure of riding last spring. The Gap is cool and all that - but to date myself musically...."you ain't seen nothin' yet ......bbbbbabby!
    5 of 12
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Not just Southern Cal...the PCH is pretty amazing too.
    6 of 12
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Are these even the same guys?

The guy in the R6 crash is riding all wrong. Take a close look at his body position. He's weighting the bars something fierce doing the newbie mistake of leaning his butt off the bike while bending his upper torso to stay vertical. It looks to me that he stomped the rear brake to get it to slide out. The skid mark on the street would seem to support that hypothesis.

Given how well the guys in the first video were riding, I'd say this isn't one of those guys; maybe one of their buddies trying to ride beyond his level?
    7 of 12
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    The guy in the second video isn't even wearing gloves and is also clearly a noob riding beyond his ability.

Re-watch the guys in the original video. Body position, perfect. Line through the corners, perfect. Staying in lane, perfect. They exhibit a grace and smoothness I've never seen in a street riding video.(Actually, they look like guys that could teach us a few things.)

The guys in the other two videos are IMHO squids making really novice and completely avoidable mistakes.
    8 of 12
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I don't believe Josh was meaning to imply that they were the same riders, only that the road is in fact quite dangerous and that there are plenty of riders exceeding their limits on it. Evidenced by the two squid videos. I think the overall point was that the conditions and speed make for a very narrow window of success, with the average rider more likely to fall out of that window. The riders in the fist video are unquestionably skilled and proficient. Amazing consistency with body position, lines, and subtle control. They look "soft" on the bike, simply guiding the machine through its purpose. Very nice.
    9 of 12
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Ah, I misunderstood.
    10 of 12
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Smile producer...MAD skill plus crazy good tire tech: 1
    11 of 12
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    mad mad skills. Watching him intentionally break the rear wheel free to tighten up his line around the corner is just nuts. Jeremy Cook, the Bob's BMW sponsored racer, was describing this technique to me at the Bob's Track day.
    12 of 12
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Yeah basically what Rob said. I love this sort of demonstration of skill especially since I don't have it. But it is foolish to ride like this on the street IMHO. There is just too much that can go wrong.