Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Sunday Ride up to Catoctin State Park ouside of ThurmontSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    It was a simply beautiful day for a ride. Cool. Sunshine with occasional clouds.

This was the second time in as many weeks that we had 5 bikes in the group. Joining us this time were Josh, Rob, Duncan, Jay and Allie(sp?) and Audrey as passengers.

Photo #726
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    At the Start

Unfortunately, the Blue Oil Burner, as Rob calls my Beloved Blue Bike, re-developed it's intermittent ignition problem. It is now less intermittent. Audrey and I scrambled to transfer gear to the recently re-assembled Silver Bike and off on that we went. I was really concerned about taking such a long ride on the 'S especially with a passenger, but it went surprisingly well.

We took back roads up to Union Bridge (this would be a great place where in a future version of the software I'll be able to insert a map) where we took a break at a 7/11.

Photo #727
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    7/11 pit stop.

15 miles later we stopped in Thurmont for lunch. I had not been feeling well all day and was clearly a bit out of it. I came across some open parking spaces and saw a a bar and grill that I thought was the one we had been to previously.

Photo #728
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Lot's of Bikes

I had been mistaken. We were in for a bit of "local color" which was a recurring theme for the day. Luckily lunch didn't make anyone sick.

Jay and Allie headed home just before we got a bit wet from a storm cell. It looked like it was going to rain for quite a while and we considered turning back but, given how rarely we make it up this way, we decided to continue. Josh had to head home and parted company with us just before we found our way to yet another unpaved road.

Photo #730
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Pond

Photo #731
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Duncan

Photo #732
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Pond

It wasn't paved and did turn out to be bit more challenging than last weeks fire trail, but this road was simply beautiful.

Unfortunately, as we made our way back to pavement Duncan's tire pressure alarm went off. He had put a hole in his rear Metzeler M5. So we found ourselves, once again, in a parking lot. Audrey found the leak and Duncan carefully patched it.

Photo #734
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Tire Repair Part Deux

The patch held and we made our way to a much needed Starbucks.

Eventually, as I improve the software, we'll have a way to coalescing all the photos from a trip into a collection with maps, notes, etc. This is what I've been working on full time these days while my money lasts. I don't have an ETA yet, but I can say that I'm making really good progress.
    2 of 4
    Jay
    11 years ago
    It was a great ride. Thanks for letting us tag along - Jay and Ali
    3 of 4
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I'm looking forward to the next ride. I hope you'll join us for another one.
    4 of 4
    Yun Lung Yang
    11 years ago
    do you have sena yet?