Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
17June track Day VidSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    This is a video (choose 720HD for best image) from the track day that jpcfjr and I did with NESBA/Coleman on Monday 17June. This particular video captures a "hot lap" from the entry into Turn 1, through a full lap, and to the point where we started lapping the field in the Turn 5-9 zone. I was in the first group out and started 7th in line (out of about 12), if I remember correctly there were 4 groups in this session. I ended up riding with basically the same group every time, we tended to get staged first and were running at similar speeds overall. Key takeaway??? I think I want a faster, more track focused bike :-)A couple of things that I didn't comment the video with:-When you see the bars do a little shiver coming out of turns and accelerating, it's the front end coming up-I was shifting at or near the cutoff-There are a couple of instances when I opened up some space, it's because I had seen that bikes were getting bunched up ahead of me. A helmet cam would show that more clearly as this vid isn't looking where my head is looking (obviously )-Coming out of turn 10 onto the main straight you'll see a more pronounced wiggle in the bars. I had a bit of rear tire slip just as the front end got light. There are a couple of bumps there and the rebound was a little off on the rear causing it to "skip" momentarily. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the tire so you can see what that looks like.Here's the vid:
    Video #6844
    rshaug
    11 years ago

NESBA 17Jun

This is from the start of a "hot" lap through to lapping the back of the field 1/3rd into the second lap. I was in the first group out (7th rider of about 12...
    2 of 4
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Interesting that at least one of the guys you were following was making the same goofy mistake that that guy with the ZX-10 was at the gap--hanging the lower half of his body off in the turns, but not his upper half.In any case it looks like it was a fun day
    3 of 4
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I noticed that as well.
    4 of 4
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Some pics from the trip and setup:
    Ninja ready to go...
    Photo #7012
    rshaug
    11 years ago

One bike in...
    Photo #7008
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Both bikes, there was actually quite a bit of room. Weirdly the sportbikes take up less space than the DRs.
    Photo #7009
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Still close company though...
    Photo #7007
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Night before the day...
    Photo #7011
    rshaug
    11 years ago

jpcfjrsurveying the scene (yeah, having a big truck is helpful)
    Photo #7010
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Ready to rumble...
    Photo #7014
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Mid-day
    Photo #7015
    rshaug
    11 years ago

And now back together (with some slight mods)
    Photo #7013
    rshaug
    11 years ago