Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Ride this weekend?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 10
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Anybody want to get out this weekend? A buddy of mine has a band that is gigging near Pittsburgh at a BBQ thing in Southpark...I'm thinking of riding up for that...just one small possibility.

edit:
    Link #4582
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago

South Park Rib and Wing Challenge: Everclear at South Park Fairgrounds in Bethel Park, PA 09-03-2011

September 3, 2011 at 1:00pm, , South Park Rib and Wing Challenge: Everclear on 09/03/2011 at South Park Fairgrounds

http://www.americantowns.com/pa/bet...

Ok, Everclear is playing and my friend's band is opening up for them.
    2 of 10
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Which day? You thinking of going out and back to Pittsburg in a day?
    3 of 10
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    I would prefer to go up Sat and come back Sun. That way we can, um, imbibe.
    4 of 10
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    I had promised to ride with Yun tomorrow afternoon to Saturday. We were going to head out West basically around the area we were talking about last weekend.

Weather Sunday looks like it might suck.

Saturday is supposed to be gorgeous. My hope was to be out west of 81 by the time we stop Friday night. Hmmm.

Looking at the map, heading up to Pittsburgh on Saturday from there by back roads would be a very nice ride. We could take our time. Hmmm. I'm not sure if Yun would be up for a Friday to Sunday late ride but I will ask. It'd a long ride for him coming back on Sunday. 250+ miles if we do highway, more if we do back roads. And chances are it's going to rain which would be his first time riding in the rain ... hmmmm.
    5 of 10
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    I am so tired of not being able to post interactive maps right here with all these routes we're talking about. I've got to bite the bullet and just get that code written so we can have an easier time planning these trips.
    6 of 10
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    I would probably meet up with you guys on Saturday...or, maybe Friday night. Are you planning camping?
    7 of 10
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Unfortunately he's not set up for camping so we were planning on hotelling it.

Either way would be great. I have to touch base with him to see if he's interested. It'd be a great ride.
    8 of 10
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Unfortunately Duncan is going to be in Maine this weekend otherwise he would definitely be joining us.
    9 of 10
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Ask Yun what he thinks of the whole thing and let me know.
    10 of 10
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Heard back from Yun. It's a go.

We'll leave Friday afternoon and take back roads out towards 81. Probably head out a bit further north than the 66/81 interchange so we can loop around north of DC to avoid some of the friday traffic. (wishful thinking) I'll text you at regular intervals to let you know how we're progressing. (I so need to build the m-by-mc app ... too much code to write too little time.)

To indicate a level of seriousness, I went downstairs and hand cleaned the toxic suit. I figure it should be dry by tomorrow ...