Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
I've a bachelor weekend coming up...Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    51 of 67
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    yea, not bad here either.

If I can get some info on measured storm surge I can determine whether or not I need to head down to the marina to seseat the boat on the lift.

Here's my thought. Worst case scenario, we could ride down to the boat so I can make sure it's ok and then head south through Maryland for a longish day ride. There are some really nice roads south of the boat.
    52 of 67
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    ... which would combine three of Duncan's favorite things, motorcycles, boats and riding near water.
    53 of 67
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Sounds reasonable to me. I just hope I put the bike back together right

Of course two houses down there is a tree on top of Larry's house. Stay tuned...
    54 of 67
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    It dawns on me that if we were to do the Southern Maryland tour it won't be nearly the "expert" level ride that we were contemplating with all the superslab and mountains (which we definitely still need to do!)

Being a big contemplater of context, If we were to do a coastal Maryland ride, I think that changes things significantly and we could safely invite Yun along. It'd be mostly slower back roads with a number of stops. Yun and I have ridden down that way before.
    55 of 67
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Your call now Y. Since all "plans" have sort of been eliminated we can do whatever you like.
    56 of 67
    Ian
    13 years ago
    Obviously, you guys just should have planned to ride farther west. I hear the Rockies are nice this time of year.

If you ride through southern Maryland, somebody please have a crabcake sandwich for me.
    57 of 67
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    I wish I had that kind of time!

Crabcake shadwiches will be enjoyed.
    58 of 67
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Last I heard the worst of it is supposed to pass by around 5AM ... so I'm thinking if we ride tomorrow we should do it a bit later.

How about we touch base late morning and see where we're at?
    59 of 67
    Ian
    13 years ago
    Yermo wrote:
    How about we touch base late morning and see where we're at?

I think this was all just an elaborate plot on the part of Yermo to push back the start time.
    60 of 67
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Probably guilty as charged.

Power is still out up here. On generator power at the moment. One T1 is down but still online thanks to the second line.

There's a fair amount of debris in the road and yard.

But it's still raining.

Not looking good for riding, at least for the moment.
    61 of 67
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Completely clear here. Sun is out, light breeze is drying everything up...lots of leaves in the pool but otherwise just a regular rain storm.

Shoot me a text if you want to get out.
    62 of 67
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    My feeling is riding up here is not going to be good. There's a good amount of debris. From reports on Facebook it looks like the Bay got hit pretty hard. One friend reported 5 trees down.

I think I'm going to have to pass on riding as I need to head to the marina to check on the boat.
    63 of 67
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    .. and it sounds like riding down in that direction is probably going to suck with traffic/debris.
    64 of 67
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Duncan is without power but is already out (at starbucks). He says there's too much flooding the debris in the road for good riding up here.
    65 of 67
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Ok, let's call it. Maybe some other time...
    66 of 67
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    /definitely/ some other time.
    67 of 67
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    Without question. Weather/roads should improve before too long...