Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Newsworthy?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    Ian
    13 years ago
    It's been quiet here lately, so here's an update on my situation.

The Good News: I've replaced the in-tank fuel filter and fuel lines; new fuel pump was ordered today, along with the nut that holds the low-fuel sensor in the tank. Low-fuel sensor has been cleaned and will hopefully work properly again. Fun stuff!

The Bad News: The bike started acting up, as if the kickstand shutoff switch was killing the engine intermittently. Reading up on this online I decided I should at least replace the fuel filter and in-tank fuel lines. That turned out to be such a PITA - *AND* I managed to mangle the threads on the nut that holds the low-fuel sensor in place - that I figured I'd order a new damn fuel pump just to save me the misery of the in-tank work in case the pump turns out to be the culprit and I have to do this all over again.

Luckily, there is a metal replacement for the cheap plastic nut that I mangled. I guess I'm not the first to do that. Hopefully then I'll be back in business. Not that I have time to ride anywhere, but still... this would have been a good winter project.
    2 of 4
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Thanks for the update. Sorry I've been a bit MIA recently. Haven't been doing much riding since Duncan has been out of commission and Josh lives all the way in Woodbridge.

I did manage to take the 'S out for a few short runs here and there when it's not too hot. I haven't ridden the 'K in weeks. I'm hoping to get out on the bike for some real rides here before too long.
    3 of 4
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    BTW, how's the weather in Victoria?
    4 of 4
    Ian
    13 years ago
    Yermo wrote:
    BTW, how's the weather in Victoria? ;)

Well, tomorrow will be a scorching 70 with sunny skies and low humidity, but we'll get over that the next few days when it will be a much more manageable mid-60's and sunny.

But you like the Maryland weather, so I'll shut up now.