Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
hows the trip?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 5
    mothman
    13 years ago
    I'm surprised that there haven't been any post from the group down at deals gap.

I guess they are having too much fun in the rain to post
    2 of 5
    Ian
    13 years ago
    There's no cell phone reception at Deal's Gap and if they're staying at the motel there, they won't have access to a computer with internet access, either.

Still, after last year's blog we're all wondering where Yermo's missives are.
    3 of 5
    mothman
    13 years ago
    wow, even in Maine (Duncan's vacation place in maine) has a connection the to outside world down at the library which is about a mile away.

obvious, I need to go on one of these trips before someone connects to the outside world.
    4 of 5
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    It was great! About 500 miles less ( 15xx vs 2xxx) because of the rain this year (the most rain I've ridden in since '92), but we got some good rides in regardless.

Lots of Canadians in from the Toronto area this year. Good fire pit fires in the evening, and lots of tall tales

My M5 tires were an improvement over the stock M3s--super sticky in turns.

I took the R1100S through the gap for the first time--what an awesome turning monster it is. After a super motard bike, I'm not sure you could do much better for the turns than on the s.

Just cracked 5k miles on the K13 this trip...
    5 of 5
    Ian
    13 years ago
    Better a trip with rain than no trip at all. Glad to hear you guys had a good time.

We just had a long weekend here in Canada, as you will in the states next weekend I guess. Late May's a good time to get a jump on the summer.

Keep the miles coming, Duncan. Perhaps we will ride together again one day!