Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
it is riding seasonSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 9
    Phil
    13 years ago
    HI all

well it is time to put away the sled and snow gear and and start doing preseason checks on bikes.

now that I am getting into bike riding frame of mind I thought I check in with you guys.

preparing one of my older bike for it's one way trip to dealership.
     going to be a change in the line up this year.
    I have ordered a new F800gs and will be trading my custom drag bike, a 2002 Yamaha XV1700.

really looking forward to doing some off payment touring trips this year. 1st one is in late may, a ride threw Ontario

then doing the trans-lab in sept.

I would enjoy joining you guy down at deal's , but only have so much vacation time

hope you guy have fun. I really had a great time down there and meeting you guys really made the trip even better.
    2 of 9
    Ian
    13 years ago
    Indeed it is! I was planning on getting my bike back on the road tomorrow.

Have fun with your new GS. Looks like a great bike.
    3 of 9
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    Hey Phil, I agree with you completely--I can't wait to get back on the bike, but until my broken wrist heals up, that's what I'm doing.

Hopefully by April/May!

Sorry we'll miss you this year, but good to hear that you have some good rides lined up!
    4 of 9
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Hey Phil,

I was just thinking about you the other day. How are things going? I spoke to Geo not too long ago.

It's a bummer that you guys can't make it down to Deal's Gap.

I have to admit an F800GS sounds tempting. Take alot of pictures on your trips!

Tell everyone up there I said hi.
    5 of 9
    Phil
    13 years ago
    1st ride of the year yesturday.
    earilest I have ever been out.
    it was weird driving on roads that still had snow bank. it was a nice day

looking forward to F800gs

I will post up some pics once it get home
    6 of 9
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Definitely, please post some pics. Riding through the Rockies I got to experience that in places where you're riding along and both sides of the road have snow on them.

Hans who I met in Kansas was telling me he had ridden through some plowed snowbanks with walls of snow.

I haven't been out yet but I did get the 'S all fired up. I'll probably ride in on Saturday weather permitting. I'm behind schedule on pulling the front end off of the K'. I need to get that pulled and sent off to RaceTech. They say it's a 7 day turnaround but I need to get to it. Just been too busy with work.
    7 of 9
    Phil
    13 years ago
    I hear you about busy with work. has been crazy with work up here aswell

I do need to take more pic when I ride.

question do you or, does any one know any one near Alexander City AL

I found a deal on a F800gs and it would be cool if some one could look at it for me.

have never bought anything sight un seen before and looking for a little comfort befor sending him 13k
    8 of 9
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    I don't know anyone down there off hand.

Anyone?

If you can't find someone to look at it, what I've done in the past is have the seller take it to a shop that I specified to have a pre-purchase inspection done. If there's a reputable BMW dealer near him that might be an option to consider.
    9 of 9
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    Phil, this is maybe a longshot or a stretch, but: one option would be to have the seller put the bike on Ebay as a private "buy it now" item that only you know about.

You then buy it, and (assuming it qualifies) get the ebay "up to $20k" guarantee that it's not a rebuilt wreck, doesn't have a blown or almost blown motor, etc. etc.

Like I said, probably way too much of a stretch for some kind of risk protection, but it's a thought...