Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Total Control ScheduleSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 18
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    As Duncan pointed out on Facebook, here's the Total Control course schedule for 2011. If you haven't heard of this course, it's a school that teaches you to apply race inspired techniques to road riding for the purpose of increasing your options when Bad Things(tm) happen.

2 of 18
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Still no classes open for registration.
    3 of 18
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    This just in, classes are now available for registration! I'm just about ready to plop my $345 down.
    4 of 18
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Which date are you looking at?
    5 of 18
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    TC2 is only available on 6/19 and 9/1.

I say we hit the 6/19.

My friend Bernie said many people bailed before the final exercise where they set up a little track and you go at it. He says it's optional and many folks left...of course the whole damn class is optional right? I'll stay for the whole thing.
    6 of 18
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Turns out the date of the the September class is 9/10/11 (cool date) but it's not open for registration yet.

In other news, the 6/19 class is Father's Day. So, I have to think about that one.
    7 of 18
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Since we're doing Deal's Gap early in the season it might make sense to plan something for the end of the season and hit the 9/1 date.
    8 of 18
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Thinking about it now, that could work. Especially since May and June are like, no months apart!

However, wife says it's fine by her to do the 6/19 date but either way is fine with me. I just know I want to do the class.
    9 of 18
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    From a weather point of view, either date will probably be pretty hot .. I could easily do either.
    10 of 18
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Let's talk about it as we drool over a Super Tenere on Saturday!

Where are we going to lunch btw?
    12 of 18
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    So, is anybody signed up for the class? Yermo? Duncan? Bueller?
    13 of 18
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Not yet. Been focused on other things.

There was some question as to whether the June date was going to work for everyone. What was that, Fathers day or some such?
    14 of 18
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    Need to do that soon, got distracted by a broken wrist...
    15 of 18
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Ouch...what happened to the wrist? I assume you will be off injured reserve by May?
    16 of 18
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    Took a fall while skating and popped my right scaphoid. Hopefully, I'll be out of my splint by late march. Had to put a titanium screw into the bone for insurance. Fingers crossed that all will be well again in time...
    17 of 18
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Damn...skating can be dangerous. I broke my leg skating when I was 5.

Get well soon!
    18 of 18
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    Thanks, I'm working on it. Luckily for me, I found out that my new hand therapist, Bill, rides a Nighthawk 750. He's a veteran rider who's done some long distance trips and knows exactly what I need my wrist to be doing ASAP.

So fortunately, I'm in good hands (so to speak)

I'm also itching to get back on the bike...