Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Trip Expense Data entry ... it's a strange feeling.Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 5
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    So I left my financial record keeping in disarray before I left on my trip. Since I've gotten back I've found time to chip away at the hundreds of transactions.

To prepare for year end accounting I'm being forced to do the rest now. It's weird, but lately I've been feeling like the trip was somewhat of a distant dream, but entering these transactions and seeing the names of the places I've been brings it back and makes it feel very real and suddenly present and very accessible. It's not big deal. You just get on your bike and you ride.
    2 of 5
    Ian
    13 years ago
    Yermo wrote:
    It's not big deal. You just get on your bike and you ride.

And pay. That's the catch!
    3 of 5
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Yea, it's an expensive proposition.
    4 of 5
    Ian
    13 years ago
    But worth it, especially in your case. It was money well spent (even if you should have camped a little bit more

Yesterday for the first time I found myself kind of wishing I had one of those damn smart phones like yours so I could make some web updates while away from the office. Depending on how business develops, I may have to get one, then I will have achieved the run-the-business-from-the-seat-of-a-motorcycle business model, which is just as good as the run-the-business-from-under-a-palm-tree business model, which I'll be doing for a month very soon. As long as the monkeys don't make off with my laptop, I should be in good shape.

Aspire to the mobile office and good things will happen.
    5 of 5
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    If you get an Android based phone you can help us with Alpha testing here before too long.