Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Aerostich Transit?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    JohnnyDanger
    13 years ago
    I read a good bit of Yermo's alaska trip report and noticed that he had picked up an Aerostitch Transit in Duluth. I've been very curious about that suit as a long term / high mileage all conditions type suit. My biggest worry living in the PacNW is of course its water resistance. I've had nothing but bad luck with supposedly waterproof moto gear. My current Darien setup is good for all weather touring, but I sure would like a leather suit if it performed as well.

A detailed pro/con review of your suit would be awesome! Most of what is up online are reviews by writers that rode in the suit for a weekend or some such nonsense.

Thanks. Good travels.
    2 of 4
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Welcome to m-by-mc! Please let riders know about this site.

I've been meaning to write a review of the suit for a while now. I'll hold off on the latest road report and will try to knock out a post about my experiences traveling over 14,000 miles in a Transit Suit.
    3 of 4
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Didn't know if you had a chance to read the review I put together:

I'd be curious to hear your impression and any questions you might have.
    4 of 4
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    Nice review--very thorough.

As good as the transit looks/sounds, and given the venting issues, I still find myself toying with the idea of getting Johnson Leather to do a V-Pilot clone with armor.

Plus, while I don't exactly love it, the Tourmaster's been decent enough so far.