Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
HearPlugz DF by E.A.R. Inc.Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    After an exhaustive search for a decent earplug, I've stumbled upon the HearPlugz DF by a company called E.A.R. Inc. I recommend reading the story at .

I purchased mine from but you can get them from the company website I listed above for the same 30 clams. A little costly but I rolled the dice and they are a great earplug for motorcycling. So far very confortable and effective. This model is apparently used by the military 1

More review to follow the Deals Gap trip.
    2 of 4
    Yermo
    13 years ago
    Thanks for the pointer.
    3 of 4
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Ok, the verdict is in on the HearPlugz DF. There is good news and bad news.

First the good news...they work as advertised! Now the bad news...if you have ear canals the size of Detroit, even the large size is too small. Unfortunately this is the case with my left ear. Getting a good seal in my right ear is not bad but a seal in my left ear is hit and miss. This is quite unfortunate because I like the product. I just need a bigger size.

I will continue to use them until something better is discovered.
    4 of 4
    buffalo
    13 years ago
    If you can make it to the DC or Timonium bike shows, there are vendors who will custom make you a pair of these on the spot with the correct inserts (let regular noise in but high DB stuff is blocked. They can also cast in ear buds for intercom/com systems too.