Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Bummer! Rotors are backordered and will not arrive in timeSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 5
    Yermo
    14 years ago
    The EBC replacement rotors and pads for my K100RS are back ordered and won't get here until the 16th of October at the earliest. I really don't want to spend $800+ on OEM rotors and pads. I'm trying to learn to take cost into account, at least a little bit as I watch my cash horde dwindle at a very alarming rate.

So I have a decision to make. I can run the KRS. The brakes work but are just less than ideal. They tend to grab a bit and in wet conditions, I imagine because the rotors are so grooved that water gets under the pads, braking performance is reduced.

So if I run the KRS, I'll just have to take it much easier than I would like to.

Or I could run the R1100S down there. Lance, while hanging out in the garage, bolted the mirror and tail light on so it's ready to go. I just need to test run it.

What I don't know is if I can do 550 miles in a day on that bike. After about 200 miles I start to really hurt and with my back not being 100% I can see myself easily re-injuring my back on the way down.

Maybe I'll try to put some miles on the 'S and see how I feel.
    2 of 5
    Ian
    14 years ago
    Too bad you won't have the replacement rotors in time.

Maybe you should borrow Duncan's bike. (Sorry, Duncan)
    3 of 5
    buffalo
    14 years ago
    Fine by me

Ian wrote:
    Too bad you won't have the replacement rotors in time.

Maybe you should borrow Duncan's bike. (Sorry, Duncan)
    4 of 5
    SprintKS
    14 years ago
    Duncan...you're going to let Yermo borrow the water buffalo??? How generous of you!
    5 of 5
    buffalo
    14 years ago
    Hey, why not? Everyone likes a challenge, and running through that gap on early 70s technology is just the ticket, IMO