Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Africa?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    2 of 10
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    too bad it's close to $15,000.00 PER LEG!!!!!!!
    3 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Yea, but much cheaper than the $120,000 round the world trip buffalo was trying to egg me on towards.
    4 of 10
    Michael Milner
    11 years ago
    We're going next year, right Yermo?
    5 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    It's a question of how to pay for it.
    6 of 10
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Just depends on what kind of adventure you want.  That trip includes:all the planningbuilt-in riding companionsexotic localea bike to ridecelebrity hostFor the sake of comparison, for half the price, you could spend a month or two riding through Central America on your DR, maybe with companions, maybe not, without the celebrity, in a less exotic locale.
    7 of 10
    Ian
    11 years ago
    I see that the textarea tool doesn't convert newlines to br's and what not.  Sorry about the formatting.
    8 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    What browser were you using? It should have translated the newlines. Did you copy and paste into the textarea?

Yea, I certainly agree that the same trip could be done for way less. If I were to ever do a trip like that it would, in part, be for the marketing opportunity.
    9 of 10
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Firefox 19.0.2 on Windows 7
    10 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    That's very strange. I've got a number of FIreFox users. I'm going to have to figure out what's different. I am doing a ridiculous amount of work in javascript processing things as people type so I'm sure there are countless bugs, but tracking them down is proving challenging.