Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
A road to ride sometimeSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 3
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    A friend just asked me about this road and I was embarrassed to say I had never heard of it:

Link #5147
    Yermo
    11 years ago

Plan Your Visit - Natchez Trace Parkway

The Natchez Trace Parkway is a National Park Service unit in the southeastern United States that commemorates the historic Old Natchez Trace and preserves sections of the original trail.

http://www.nps.gov/natr/planyourvis...

2 of 3
    Jen Raffensperger
    11 years ago
    I certainly saw a number of happy riders out on it Sunday. Gorgeous day, spring is really starting down there.Seriously planning on doing more of it at the tail-end of my cross-country drive this September so I will do a more full scout of it.
    3 of 3
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    The Nachez is nice but I don't think it's worth a trip just for it. If in the area it's nice to cruise on for a bit. The speed limit is draconian and in some stretches will really become a nuisance. The sites are also fairly repetitive and a lot of the praise for the road, in my opinion, comes from a limited pool of options in the area. It's no Blue Ridge, Badlands, Kancamagus, Pacific Coast, Smokies competitor (again - In My Opinion) but it is a pretty highway with some interesting Southern History sights.