simply amazingSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    this is well worth 6 minutes. From a time when the Moto GP bikes were at their most terrifying - massive power, no electronics, wild powerbands:
    Link #4777
    rshaug
    11 years ago

KevinSchwantz versus WayneRainey- Epic Battles

The most memorable racing moments between Kevin Schwantz and Wayne Rainey. Best action from Hockenheim '91, Suzuka '89, '93, Assen '91, Donington '91 are inc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjO...

Wheelie control: no
    ABS: no
    Launch control: no
    Traction control: LOLOLOLOLOLOL

check out the slow motion footage, absolutely amazing that these guys held it together. Also worth noting is Schwantz's mastery of late braking...really, really, really late braking. With the bike all over the place. I remember watching these races when they happened and being in awe. Hasn't diminished a bit.
    2 of 4
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I said out loud as I watched this "you've got to be fucking kidding me".  Thanks for posting. 

I will now go burn my motorcycle. 
    3 of 4
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I know right! Schwantz was The Man, if had better bikes he would have dominated. That was during a period of about 10 years (81-91) that had remarkably talented riders. Including a number of crazy good Americans (Roberts, Schwantz, Lawson, Rainey,...). Watching those killer 500s dance, shimmy, bend, flex, hop, skip, and wheelie all over the place...damn.
    4 of 4
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Video #5001
    Yermo
    11 years ago

KevinSchwantz versus WayneRainey- Epic Battles

The most memorable racing moments between Kevin Schwantz and Wayne Rainey. Best action from Hockenheim '91, Suzuka '89, '93, Assen '91, Donington '91 are inc...