Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
A Few Photos from the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in DCSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    The show was surprisingly better than last year but I suspect that had more to do with the company we kept than with the show itself. There were vastly larger crowds though. The vendors were still underrepresented. I think the show needs to work on attracting additional gear vendors.

I did talk to the guys from RoadRunner magazine at some length. I'll be talking to them again once the software is launched.

Overall I have to say it was a day well spent.

I think the Goldwing F6B pretty much stole the show. It's a very bold reinterpretation of the Goldwing formula that clearly has Victory in it's sights.

The other bike I really liked was the custom Triumph 800 Tiger rally bike. What an awesome machine. Reinforced steel frame pieces everywhere. It even had a winch on the back. Crazy machine.

Quite a few M-BY-MC members showed up. Good times.

Photo #799
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Audrey on a Tiger 800

Photo #802
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Audrey meets Ninja

Photo #804
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Royal Enfield

Torch, you have to see this bike. If I know you at all, I think you are going to like it.

Torch was, as was to be expected, a little distressed by how accurately I called it. "You're a devil." Rob said at one point.

Photo #807
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Torch on the F6B

'This is a Ducati Monster. It's a great bike for women." the sales guy said.

2 of 6
    Jay
    11 years ago
    OK Audrey, which one's it going to be?

Sorry I missed it. Murphy has a way of putting my on-call weekends only on weekends where something cool is happening. Never fails.
    3 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    That's really too bad. It was an unusually good time from beginning to end ... and it ended very very late.
    4 of 6
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    or very very early...perspective
    5 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Very true. It's all relative. Time did seem to pass very quickly.
    6 of 6
    AGrip
    11 years ago
    I still have lo idea what I'll like riding. For size and comfort just sitting there I liked the Monster and the Street Tripple. The tiger looked like it could be a lot of fun, too.
    By the time I'm ready (good enough rider) for a shiny new bike, that could all change.