Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
I For One Would Like To See Live MotoGPSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 16
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Ducati had a contest yesterday for a free trip to MotoGP at the "Brick Yard" (Indy) in August. I agreed to have this pic take to enter

2 of 16
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    It would be great to go but I wonder if Rob and I will already be on our trip by then ...
    3 of 16
    Ian
    11 years ago
    The TAT?!
    4 of 16
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Yes. Still looking at bikes for it.
    5 of 16
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Right on. If you guys start working out a schedule, let me know. It would be great to ride to Oregon to meet up with you at the end, but we're starting to work on our summer travel plans already and, all things being equal, would not want to miss out on an excuse for an extended ride.
    6 of 16
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    That would be awesome...sadly (sadly for scheduling purposes) I am not in the drivers seat yet for being able to nail down a timeframe. Hoping to in the next 8 weeks or so. Theres a couple of specific complexities around it that are starting to clear up.
    7 of 16
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    If it is in any way possible I would very much like to meet up ...
    8 of 16
    Ian
    11 years ago
    That'd be fun. I may be away for a few weeks in July/August, which is why I ask. I imagine that's about when you'd be finishing up. I don't have dates yet, or even know for sure if I'll be away. So, we shall see!
    9 of 16
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Unfortunately, it's hard to say. I've read the best time to start is around the end of August, so it may still work out.
    10 of 16
    AGrip
    11 years ago
    I think it would be great to see MotoGP in person! I'm in!
    (I, also, got my picture taken, and entered)
    11 of 16
    Jay
    11 years ago
    +1 for the moto GP. Been to Indy several times for the 4-wheelers but never for the 2 wheelers.
    12 of 16
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    We'll have to see how it coincides with the Trans Am Trail trip, but if it doesn't conflict I'm thinking maybe an M-BY-MC ride to go see MotoGP?
    13 of 16
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    that would be awesome
    14 of 16
    Matt
    11 years ago
    Ahem. That's not the only MotoGP around: Circuit of The Americas in Austin will be having MotoGP in April: - arguably on a much better track than Indy My house is about 40 miles from the track, and I have plenty space for people. 3 day general admission tickets are $89.
    15 of 16
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Tempting.
    16 of 16
    Jay
    11 years ago
    Very!