Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Pickpockets and attention spanSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 7
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Ok, stay with me here for a moment. As I read this fantastic article, my mind wandered to the applicability of some of the attention span discussion to motorcycling. And why wouldn't it.

2 of 7
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Interesting read. Thanks for the link!
    3 of 7
    Ian
    11 years ago
    It's an entertaining article to read. But are you suggesting that the next time I'm riding at Deal's Gap that I should be worried about Yermo stealing my wallet mid-corner as I focus on my line?
    4 of 7
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    As if I could ever get that close.
    5 of 7
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Lol

I was specifically referring to the bit about the human eye following a moving object in a straight line will go to the point of origin but if the motion is an arc this doesn't happen.

Also the discussion of the brain getting briefly confused when moving from one subject to an unanticipated topic or view. It's happened to me on the bike and when I was driving on the left in Ireland. Not sure what you do about it though.

Most interesting and not bike related is how when reading this I started to say to myself "no way I fall for these Shinanigans"...then I realize, "yeah right, I'd be completely screwed".
    7 of 7
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Amazing. Clearly that National Geographic show must be watched.