Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
2012 Washington, DC Progressive International Motorcycle ShowSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    26 of 50
    AGrip
    11 years ago
    All of the times and places look good to me.
    27 of 50
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I am planning on meeting some folks at Cap City Brewing Co at noon on Saturday. I'll be riding in with another biker. Anyone interested in a quick bite and a beer/glass of wine before the show feel free to join in.

Easy walking distance from the convention center.

Probably hit the show at 1ish.

Capitol City Brewing Company

1100 New York Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 0.7 mi SW
    (202) 628-2222 () ? · capcitybrew.com
    28 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    That sounds like a good idea. Anyone else interested in lunch at the Brewing Company? If so we may want to make reservations.
    29 of 50
    scottreds2k
    11 years ago
    I'll be going to the show also. My wife, Heidi will be coming with me. We'll be skipping lunch downtown, hoping to meet up w/ everyone at the convention center at 1 and probably continuing on to Piratz.

Anyone know who may still have discounted tickets? I have $3 off coupon at the box office.

Scott
    30 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Very cool. See you down there.
    31 of 50
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I need to drop Lisa off at Dulles at 12/1230 so can be at the convention center by 1/130.
    32 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Excellent. Shoot me a text when you get to the convention. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    33 of 50
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Did I miss something completely??? I thought we were going on Saturday??
    34 of 50
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Yermo does not live in the Monday through Friday universe.

See you Saturday.
    35 of 50
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    LOL, thanks!
    36 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Off by 1 again.
    37 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Have spent the whole day thinking it was Friday even after having been reminded several times that it was Thursday ... only got 45 minutes or so of sleep last night so I'm not firing on all cylinders.
    38 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    College Park contingent will be meeting at my house at 11AM tomorrow. (This time I believe I'm not off by one ... managed to get some sleep last night)
    39 of 50
    scottreds2k
    11 years ago
    Are you going straight to the convention center or to the Grill for lunch before?
    40 of 50
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Josh, Duncan, Yermo et al...I'll shoot a text when I get there to coordinate locations. Looking like still tracking between 1 and 1:30.
    41 of 50
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I'll be drooling at the Triumph display.
    42 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I'm going to be joining Josh et al at the grill ahead of time. ETA at the convention center shortly after 1PM.

For those that don't have my cell, just message me on facebook.
    43 of 50
    AGrip
    11 years ago
    I'll be with the CP crew, meeting at the grill before the show.

I think we need a head count for Piratz Tavern to make a reservation. Who's in for that?
    44 of 50
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    What a great day and outing. I look forward to many more of these.

In a side note, yesterday was my birthday, and I can't think of a better way to spend it than surrounded by family, friends (both old and new) and motorcycles(!).

Thanks to everyone for making the first MbyMC outing a success--I look forward to many more of these!
    45 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Indeed!
    46 of 50
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Anything of particular interest to report from the show?

Did you guys make it to Piratz? (BTW, I'm sure real pirates from the old days would have been big into bikes.)
    47 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Check the thread I posted with photos. The most interesting production bike there was actually the new GoldWing. While not my style, I must admit I was impressed with how boldly they've taken the GoldWing concept and are targeting the Victory crowd.

There was also a rather interesting Triumph Rally bike from the Dakar. Very impressive machine especially how solidly built it was. I suspect you could suspend the entire bike from the rear rack without bending a single piece. Crazy.

Attendance was much higher than in previous years. Gear vendors are still under-represented. I did talk to the Vice President of Marketing for RoadRunner magazine. There's some potential for getting some exposure through them once I get the new software launched.

In all, 14 people from M-BY-MC were at the show. 10 of us went to Piratz. It was a great time. I wish you could have been here to enjoy it with us.
    48 of 50
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Cool. I'd overlooked the photos post.

I'm sure the Tiger 800 is a great bike. Having one all kitted out for adventure riding would be awesome, though the kitting out would probably cost almost as much as the bike itself. There's a happy middle ground somewhere out there.

You know, the new F6B Goldwing reminds of the one that guy "Buffalo Bruce" used to ride. He had cut down the windshield and rode without luggage - at least no trunk. It had a similar look to the new one as I recall.

And Monsters are chick bikes? I think he means it has a lowish seat.
    49 of 50
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Well, since I haven't been able to keep up with one I can't ascertain for certain whether or not it's a chick bike
    50 of 50
    AGrip
    11 years ago
    Yermo wrote:
    Well, since I haven't been able to keep up with one I can't ascertain for certain whether or not it's a chick bike ;)

With a chick or a Monster?