Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Sunday 18NovSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    26 of 32
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Great ride and was awesome to meet Scott, a new M-B-M member who joined the ride.

Sorry I had to bail out early on this one, especially considering we scored another weather win. Glad I was able to continue the tradition of having at least one unpaved road in the mix :-).
    27 of 32
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I was beginning to get worried. One doesn't want to get complacent with too much pavement.
    28 of 32
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    A couple of photos from today:

Scott recently joined M-BY-MC and showed up today on his new Ducati Diavel. What a beast of a bike. The rear tire on this thing is monstrous. I was at a stop light having never seen or heard the bike before when I noticed a sound coming from behind me. I thought, "That must be Scott." and sure enough, it was.

Photo #767
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Scott and the Beast

We did parking lot exercises for a while and I got to practice coaching a bit.

Then we set off on a tour around the Clifton area, Rob leading. He thoughtfully made sure to include a section of "Pavement has Ended" just for my benefit. It was a simply beautiful ride on beautiful roads that you would not expect to find in such an overdeveloped area.

Photo #768
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Pavement Ends Again
    29 of 32
    scottreds2k
    11 years ago
    Great ride today. Good roads, good weather and good company. What more can you ask for?

See you on the next good weather weekend

Scott
    30 of 32
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Sounds like you guys had a great day--sorry I missed it. Hopefully next time...
    31 of 32
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Rob showed us some surprisingly nice roads down in that area.
    32 of 32
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    This is the area we were riding, the red arrow is the "pavement ends" section I added (it didn't seem right to not have one in the mix). Lots of very nice, really well maintained roads, but a little heavily settled in parts:

Photo #769
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    18-Nov-Ride-Roads