Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Blocking users? Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    How important do you guys think the feature of "block users" is at this point?

blocking would mean they can't send you private messages or view your profile at all. If they are a member of the group (e.g. a member of this forum group) they would still be able to see your posts in the forum.

Or would you want your posts in the forum to be filtered out of people you've blocked?

Thoughts?
    2 of 6
    Ian
    11 years ago
    I'm not sure I really understand what you're asking. Were you planning on implementing a 'block' feature? Because as far as I can tell, there isn't one now.

You've got the forum set so that random people cannot register without approval, so it's pretty tight already and I wouldn't think blocking would be necessary. Were you thinking of opening up the registration process?
    3 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Yea, if we get more people involved I figure eventually people will need the ability to block others from bugging them.

It's not something that's used much but you can actually block users from sending you private messages, but no one really uses the private messaging right now.

The only reason I'm bringing it up is that I'm now reworking that code and was thinking about it. I considered just passing it over but having the ability to send private messages just seems like one of those 'expected' features.
    4 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    hmmm, then again it looks like for some users the private message feature is broken in the current codebase, something I had not noticed.
    5 of 6
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Seems like a relatively minor feature. How about you code with a future such implementation in mind and put that one off until the need arises?
    6 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Yea, that sounds like the way to go.