Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Extremely Valuable KnowledgeSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 7
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Link #4625
    Yermo
    11 years ago

Scotch Pronunciation Guide - Video of Scotch Brand Names - Esquire

The ultimate scotch pronunciation guide: videos of Brian Cox, esteemed actor and proud Scot, sipping his way through the essential scotch brand names list to help you out at the bar, the liquor store, and beyond

http://www.esquire.com/features/dri...

2 of 7
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Great site with very good ratings on pretty much every whiskey made (where does your fave stand in the rankings?): 1
    3 of 7
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Hmm. The Dalmore 12 used to be my favorite scotch. I'm surprised the 18 made it to the top of the list. I may have to give that a try.

I would have put the Balvenie 15 higher in the list, I think.
    4 of 7
    John St John
    11 years ago
    Now, I like a good Scotch as much as the next guy. But, I want to point out that Bourbon seems more fitting in summer. Try a comparison on a hot summer night and you'll see. I relate the phenom to beers: there are summer wheat bears, hearty stouts for the holidays, but I prefer I.P.A.s for the rest of the year. Scotch is my I.P.A. But, ever since my trip to Kentucky, whch included drinking with my brother who is a devote' to Bourbon, I've developed a genuine appreciation for the taste of Bourbon - when the weather is warm. All that to say that I am happy to see Buffalo Trace Bourbon in such fine company on the whiskey list. When we meet again, I'll bring the Bourbon. P.S. On a cool rainy day like this: I reach for the Laphroaigh 1/4 Cask.
    5 of 7
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I haven't develop much of a taste for bourbon but I'm willing to let my horizons be expanded.

I do look forward to the time we can all meet again.
    6 of 7
    isurfne
    11 years ago
    Dad and i may forgo the Dragon trip this year in exchange for a trip out west, and after a short discussion we think it would be awesome if some of the guys wanted to join us. Dont know when, but basically, fly into vegas, rent some honda st1300's and do a national parks tour out west for two weeks. You in yermo?
    7 of 7
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Not sure. It'll depend on a great number of things but i am certainly interested. I'd likely ride out and meet you guys then loop up and visit Bruce in Los Alamos ... would be a very cool trip.

We already have reservations at the Gap for just after Mother's day. Otherwise there isn't anything on my schedule yet. I may even have the M-BY-MC travel app built by then.