Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Finally ordered the "stich"Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 19
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    After years of pondering it, I finally decided to take the plunge on an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece riding suit. Apparently I'm not alone in this extended pondering. Reading the reviews reveals that people often say they waited years to pull the trigger. Obviously the cost is a major contributing factor.

I may have to sell one or both of my kids for medical experiments in order to cover the price of this suit!

Sadly the size/color I ordered is back-ordered and I have been notified that I will be waiting 6 weeks.
    2 of 19
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Welcome to the club. Did you get the armor for it?

They are great suits.
    3 of 19
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Thanks. I ordered the back and hip protection of course

Kind of annoyed that they make you buy that separately...kind of a dick move if you ask me. And pay shipping...wtf?

Oh well, hopefully this is a many, many year investment.
    4 of 19
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    My suit has shipped! I'm very excited.
    5 of 19
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    After you've had a little experience with it you should consider writing up a short review.
    6 of 19
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Got the suit yesterday...and boxed it up to send back today. Unfortunately it is too small. I originally ordered a 42 regular and it is wicked tight. I've reordered at size 44 long and I sincerely hope it fits. If not, I guess we punt. LOVE the quality of the thing though. Definitely worth the money if you can get the right size.
    7 of 19
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Don't forget that they have a bunch of alteration options.
    8 of 19
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Finally getting around to posting a pic of the suit.  This was a torrential rain I rode home in.  Never got a drop on me inside the suit.  I called home from the road with my Sena headset and my daughter Emma came out and took the pictures.
    9 of 19
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Is posting of photos here in the forum not working for you? 

INSERT button -> Add Photos

Photo #5523
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago

10 of 19
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Yeah, can't seem to get the pictures to load into the post.
    11 of 19
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    What browser are you using? Are you getting any errors?
    12 of 19
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Are you clicking the "Insert" button after uploading, before closing and saving?
    13 of 19
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Are you clicking the "Insert" button after uploading, before closing and saving?
    14 of 19
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    15 of 19
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    When I go to insert photo, there is a pull down that has "none selected" and "MBM album".  There is no option for adding to the post.  Therefore I can only upload to the MBM album.
    16 of 19
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    ahh....yes. I've just been using the MbM album.
    17 of 19
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Select the M-BY-MC album as you have been.

After you select UPLOAD ALL you'll see each photo listed.

Next to each photo is an INSERT button which will let you insert the photo in the post.

I'm thinking I'll change that, time permitting, so that it automatically inserts the photos into the post.
    18 of 19
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Didn't work.  Puts it in the MbM album.
    19 of 19
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    ok. Thanks. I'll try to reproduce it here and fix it.