Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Zipper Pull MenderSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I saw this gadget in the aerostich catalog. It's a solid looking metal replacement zipper pull for all those broken zipper pulls. I've got several that have broken off on various pieces of gear and this looks to be a better solution than using keyrings.

Link #4926
    Yermo
    11 years ago

Zipper Mend :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

The quick, easy and permanent zipper pull repair kit, just hook and click for a new zipper pull stronger than the original. Great for riding gear, tank bags, tent doors anything with a zipper. Black or Silver. 1.4 .4 .

http://www.aerostich.com/zipper-men...
    2 of 6
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I'll see your Aerostich zipper pull and raise you an REI pack of 5 for $5.

Link #4928
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago

Chums Zipquix Zipper Pulls - Package of 5 at REI.com

Chums Zipquix zipper tabs add a convenient extension to the zipper pulls on your backpack, jacket, sleeping bag or anything else with a zipper.

http://www.rei.com/product/701049/c...

I carry these and Duncan can zip his leather jacket as a result!
    3 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Interesting. The Aerostich ones look a lot more solid. Do you ever have trouble with the REI ones breaking?
    4 of 6
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I've never had one break. I think the Aerostich one, which I had seen in the catalog as well, would be a good permanent repair for certain applications. For "emergencies", I carry the ones from REI as they are cheap and light. "Saved me" a few times.

I keep a few in the tank bag and one in a jacket pocket.
    5 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    It's a good policy. I had not considered that but think i"ll pick some up to carry with me as well since having these pulls break is such a common occurrence.
    6 of 6
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    FWIW, The one that Josh gave me two years ago is still holding up just fine.