Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Shoei RF 1100 plus sunglasses Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 13
    Michael Milner
    11 years ago
    Any suggestions for sunglasses that fit comfortably in a Shoei RF 1100 helmet?
    2 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I've tried countless glasses but I've had the most luck with industrial safety sunglasses you can get at Home Depot and similar places. Some motorcycle shops (notably the Deal's Gap Resort) sell them as well which leads me to believe that I'm not the only one who likes them.
    3 of 13
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I have Maui Jim's, the Kahuna, and they fit in the RF just fine. Most of that style should work well. they're a little pricy but last a long time and have perfect lenses. Sadly, the best fit has always been with expensive glasses. I've worn them for hours at a stretch with no discomfort. the perfect optics help as well so there aren't any distortions from double-lensing through the shield.
    4 of 13
    Michael Milner
    11 years ago
    Sounds good, but a bit pricey. I know you pay for quality.
    5 of 13
    Ian
    11 years ago
    And don't get polarized sunglasses. They create an annoying visual effect when worn in conjunction with a visor.
    6 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    yea, what Ian said. The effect is very annoying.
    7 of 13
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Although interestingly with certain shields I've had the effect end up being to make any kind of petroleum on the road stand out like neon. It happens when the combined polarization is just right, creating a prism effect perfect for light off of oils. Otherwise I echo Yermo and Ian, it can really be irritating.
    8 of 13
    John St John
    11 years ago
    I'll second the Maui Jim's. They just make the world look better.

P.S.: I have an old man's pair - with built in readers (1.5 diopter) on the bottom. The readers let me see the details on my I-phone such as navigation and tune selection without interfering with my vision ahead. They're NICE!
    9 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I found a brand called Bobster when I was in Japan a few years ago. The model is Charger. When I got back to the states, I found them on line from
    Link #4914
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago

OpticsPlanet.com | Low Prices, Free S&H on Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Rangefinders - Hunting, Outdoor, Science & Military

Huge selection and low prices on binoculars, telescopes, sunglasses, riflescopes and MUCH more from brands like Nikon, Leupold, Bushnell, Ray Ban.

http://www.opticsplanet.com
    and bought two more pairs. They still sell them for $16.18 per pair. All day comfort under the helmet and they are safety glasses to boot.

Bobster it turns out are motorcycle specific glasses designed to be worn without a shield. Just added protection for me. The Charger model is narrow and thus fit my face well. I especially like the fact that with the thick black frames (sorry z z top, couldn't resist) the sun doesn't shine over the top into my eyes.

Try them out. For 16 shekels you can't really go wrong. If you buy a pair for that price and you don't like them I'll buy them from you.
    10 of 13
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Yermo, I'm afraid the Optics Planet link above is not working.
    11 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Ok, I fixed it.

I'm working on a massive update to the formVista platform. It's going to be another several weeks but a large update is coming which I hope will make it much easier for me to maintain and expand the site going forward.
    12 of 13
    Michael Milner
    11 years ago
    I just got the Bobster Chargers. Two days in and they seem to be working well. The price was definitely right.
    13 of 13
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    I'd have to agree with the Maui Jim's despite the price. I've been wearing their amber lense model for two years now.