Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Go-Pro Hero versus Hero 2Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Can anyone comment on the substantive differences in quality between the HD and the HD2? Apparently the HD2 is "2x sharper" and I'm wondering if it is really that much better and thus worth upgrading.

Anybody have hands on experience with both versions? Probably too much to ask for a true comparison test but I'll take what I can get.

Of course I could search the web...
    2 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Hmmm. Not sure. Mine is the first generation. I"m not sure what Yun got but it might be the HD2? Yun?

We could compare shooting the same shot with the two cameras to see if there's a discernible difference.
    3 of 13
    Yun Lung Yang
    11 years ago
    Well just off the bat it says hero 2. That means I'm twice the hero! If it said 3!!! Then it means I can fly.

I have no clue...
    4 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I'm kind of curious. We should compare cameras.
    5 of 13
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Duncan and I have Hero2's. You're welcome to borrow it and see the difference.
    6 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Oh yeah, I forgot that you had one Rob.

We should do a little test next time we get together. One problem I'm having is that the sound doesn't go with the picture in video mode. This is not an issue with motorcycle videos but I experimented with videoing myself playing drums and it is unwatchable because you see me hit something and then the sound comes a split second later (or vice versa, I can't remember). I'm wondering if this is a problem with the first generation models.

I'd like to try that with yours and see if we get the same results. I'd also like to see if the still pictures are better because mine are not very good.
    7 of 13
    Yun Lung Yang
    11 years ago
    Do not have that issue with my go pro hero 2. Done a few voice video and the sound is on point. If you have issue you can always just pull the audio one second earlier on adobe premiere. They are separate anyways
    8 of 13
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Verify the speed rating of your memory card--not all of them can be used in a video camera with good results. A Hero 1 should be able to properly capture sound and video in sync. If the memory card is correct, you may be having HW issues.
    9 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I had been considering the card. I believe it's a class 4. I have a class 10 that I'll try to see if that fixes the problem.
    10 of 13
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    By the nature of my work I participate in a number of pretty deep technical boards. that said, this is the biggest bunch of moto-techno-dorks ever...said with love. LOL
    11 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    You should see the BMW Tech List.
    12 of 13
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Umm...no.
    13 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    While the level of technical knowledge displayed there is among the deepest I have ever seen, the flame wars about technical minutiae, endless tweaking and optimization are something to behold ....

.. and then slowly back away from quietly.