Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Sunday rideSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 26
    Michael Milner
    11 years ago
    Anyone up for a Virginia ride on Sunday? Open to suggestions.
    2 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Josh, who lives down near you, was mentioning a ride in the Grand Prix thread.

I could be talked in riding down. Maybe we could do the 211 ride we were talking about the other weekend?

Josh, Yun, how does that sound?
    3 of 26
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    It's route 218. Yeah, possible. Let me see what happens at the house tonight.
    4 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I was thinking here:

But of course the weather forecast is now starting to look worse for Sunday ...
    5 of 26
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Ah, out west. It's plausible. Yeah, there is some possibility of rain in the forecast.

Edit: Rain forecast falling (down to10%) but the temp is climbing (up to 91 degrees).
    6 of 26
    Michael Milner
    11 years ago
    I've never been to Harpers Ferry. Anything interesting to see there or on the way?
    7 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Lot's of good roads out that way.
    8 of 26
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Harpers Ferry is great if you are a history buff. Antietam is nearby also. Just depends on what you want to do. You can certainly ride all day out that way or stop and see some stuff.
    9 of 26
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Feh, the rain is coming...now 60% for tomorrow.
    10 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    As Milner said in a text, this is getting old.
    11 of 26
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I was thinking of heading out for a while tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday. May just head out rain or shine. Especially with how warm it is I'm not sure I care all that much about the rain, could definitely use some deload time though.
    12 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I think a ride would do me some good as well. It'll be cool enough to wear the transit suit so I won't mind the rain.

I'll shoot to leave here at 10AM and head to the Manassas area. Josh, you in?

Milner is a new rider and lives down near you guys. He's new so it'd be a beginner pace ride.

You guys want to meet up somewhere around, say, 11:15?
    13 of 26
    Michael Milner
    11 years ago
    I propose the Starbucks in Manassas on Sudley Manor Drive at Rt. 234, just south of the I-66 interchange. The actual address is 8329 Sudley Manor Drive, but it doesn't come up in the right spot in Google Maps. If you plug in Manassas, VA, and then Starbucks, you'll see it. Also, it should be "B" on this map:

This should be a good meet-up location for heading to points west, northwest, or southwest.
    14 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    This one?

15 of 26
    Michael Milner
    11 years ago
    That's the one.
    16 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Cool. I'll plan on seeing you there at 11:15.

Rob, Josh, Yun anyone else interested in wet ride tomorrow?
    17 of 26
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Ok I'm in.
    18 of 26
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Im in as well. See you there/then.
    19 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Heading out. See you guys soon.
    20 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    It was just a little dirt ...
    21 of 26
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Did you guys let Yermo talk you into unpaved back roads? Were there any creek crossings? He likes those!
    22 of 26
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    No river crossings but I did spend an hour and a half washing the six pounds of dirt off my bike!

Come to think of it, among other things, Yermo has gs envy. He is apparently deluded enough to think he can turn a flying coal powered brick into a trail monster. And worse, he thinks we can do it too!
    23 of 26
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Oh and my apologies for being late yesterday. I totally misjudged how long it would take to get to the meet-up point.
    24 of 26
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    No worries.
    25 of 26
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Josh,
    We did think it was funny that the person on the most dedicated touring rig, with the most complete electronics package, was the one who got "misplaced" :-). The FJ seemed to take the whole day in stride though, even the dirty. It reminded me of a great quote my grandfather used ot say about just such a thing: "She didn't sweat much for a big girl" LOL.