Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Baltimore Grand Prix?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    We discussed this many months ago. September 2nd is the big race. Anybody still interested?
    2 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    i'll have to see if I can get a transient slip or place to dock up against the seawall up there. I think taking the boat up is probably the best option.
    3 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    How many can sleep on the boat?
    4 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I can sleep two couples down below and one person in the cockpit comfortably ... or three singles.
    5 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Any interest at all? If not maybe a ride this weekend?
    6 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    What time are the races on Sunday? If I can get a spot for the boat we would probably have to head up Saturday and hang out.
    7 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Here is the schedule.

Big race is 2:45 on Sunday.

Also the ALMS race could be fantastic and that is Saturday afternoon.
    8 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I've been thinking about it. We could certainly go up in the boat if we can find a place to tie up and take the water taxi over to see the race. The boat can sleep a few people but it would be close quarters.

It'll be terribly crowded in Baltimore and I suspect it'll be very unlikely that we'll get a good vantage point to actually see anything as cars whiz by. I doubt I'm up for expending that level of energy for the whole weekend for that, so I'd suggest we just arrange a ride instead and watch the thing on TV after the fact.

Riding up to Baltimore would likely not work as well given all the traffic.

Thoughts from anyone else?
    9 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Let's skip it. There doesn't seem to be much interest.

Sunday looks pretty good weather-wise at this point. Let's run that up the flag pole and see who salutes.
    10 of 13
    Ian
    11 years ago
    There used to be a MARC train that you could take from Yermo's neighborhood to Camden Yards. Don't know if it runs on the weekend, but that we be a good choice if you want to see the action in person.
    11 of 13
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    No lack of interest in my case, but I've got a family thing to go to in PA...
    12 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Could we ride up to PA?
    13 of 13
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    See Sunday Ride thread.