Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Apparently it really was inevitable...Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    I had a lovely ride to work today. Very little traffic and fairly mild temperatures under a nice blue sky. At the end of the ride, I found myself staring up at that lovely blueness from a lovely spot with my back on the pavement.

Lately I had started wondering why I went to the expense and trouble of putting frame sliders on the bike. Money well spent. Scratched the frame slider and the hard bag. Would have been much worse.

Note to self: Don't forget to put the side stand down before getting off the bike.

Happy Monday everyone!
    2 of 8
    John St John
    11 years ago
    Perhaps we could get Dean Kamen to apply some of his Seqway magic to the problem. Just think: a motorcycle that could anticipate the maximum lean angle for a given speed and centripetal force........hmmm
    3 of 8
    Ian
    11 years ago
    I was a little worried there at first. A zero MPH get-off? Got any grainy security camera video of the scene? That would make for a good laugh.
    4 of 8
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Oh shit! There is most definitely video of this as it happened on Bolling AFB. Crap, now my day is totally ruined.

Ian, no need to worry, I only crash other people's bikes at speeds greater than zero.

Yes John, an automatic side stand opener would have saved it. And since the bike has a lean angle engine cut off switch anyway the proper signal is already available. Just need to have it combined with a speed sensor so that the stand doesn't go "erect" when I'm dragging peg.
    5 of 8
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Damn. Ouch! Sorry dude. Are you ok?
    6 of 8
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Yeah I'm fine. I realized what was happening and slowed the fall to almost nothing. I just went out and looked at it and quite frankly I got away with very little punishment. However, there is no doubt it's a used bike at this point.

My back hurts a little but I'm not sure if that was from the fall or lifting it back up.

Maybe they will cover this sort of thing in Total Control 2?
    7 of 8
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Yikes! Glad you're OK.
    8 of 8
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Thanks Duncan. Not even a bruised ego!