Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Duck!Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Micro
    11 years ago
    2 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Damn! That brings back some memories of being 17 on a CB450 Nighthawk.

Guys like this scare me. Having someone come at me in a blind corner at speed in my lane across the double yellows has had a tendency to harsh me out of a good mood. There was no reason for him to cut the corner like that. He was hardly leaning.

The guy wasn't paying attention since the deer was one the side of the road clearly visible. Instead of accelerating he should have hit the brakes and horn.

But I must say I'm incredibly impressed how quickly he got up and back on the bike again. That's simply nuts. Those kinds of accidents are usually much worse that that.
    3 of 6
    Yun Lung Yang
    11 years ago
    looks ober low speed. The deer probabl survived too.
    4 of 6
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Looks like about 30 mph or so...deer probably ran off with little or no injury. I'm with Yermo though, no reason to be in the other lane. However, it does look totally deserted.
    5 of 6
    Ian
    11 years ago
    First of all, getting hit by a deer, in and of itself, is not a motorcycling crime, but an occupational hazard. However, I have to agree that this guy was not paying attention. At least he wasn't going too fast.

Hitting one at highway speeds is the real danger. Safety guru Lawrence Grodsky correctly predicted that if he were to meet his end on a motorcycle it would be due to a deer strike.

Heads up. Especially around sunset and after dark.
    6 of 6
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Yea, deer are one of my top fears when it comes to riding.