Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Site Traffic StatsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 3
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    So I can't sleep, once again. I've been working on the core software for the site and actually making some real progress. It'll be a while before I have anything visible to show but the underpinnings I'm building should make it much easier for me to add all kinds of cool new features going forward.

So I was looking at my goaltracker reports, which is a system I built like 10 years ago to measure stuff happening on the site.

Weirdly last month one of the top generators of traffic to the site was this article on fark:

Link #4750
    Yermo
    11 years ago

FARK.com: (7164627) The motorcycle trees are blooming early this year

Satirical views on interesting, bizarre and amusing stories, submitted by a community of millions of news junkies, with regular Photoshop contests.

http://www.fark.com/comments/716462...

I'm guessing maybe it was Micro who posted the link? Over 40 people clicked through that link to the site.

The Bob's BMW article also generated quite a bit of traffic. The Aerostich link from the Transit suit page continues to be a regular referrer of traffic.

I've got to do a better job of promotion if I ever want to turn this site into anything real, but traffic has been steadily increasing. We've had a number of months with over 900 visitors. It's not much but it's a start.
    2 of 3
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    And the links I posted to advrider like 2 years ago about the Alaska trip still generate traffic.
    3 of 3
    Yun Lung Yang
    11 years ago
    pretty much we need more articles. I think DIY articles when we mount and dismount tires and maybe valve adjustment will net some traffic. What do you think?