Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Upcoming Track DaysSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 10
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    After the trip to Deals Gap I got the bug to start going fast again. As my friends know I'm a bit of a grandma on the street, but used to be fast on the track. It's been wayyyy too long to just jump back in though and I know I let my skills erode. So, it's time to go back to school. I've signed up for several track days to ease back into it culminating in a track school in October at the famous VIR Grand Course (the full course isn't open to non-competition all that often). Here's the schedule I've signed up for and would welcome friends to join. I'll be taking the truck and towing the bike (lots of room for spares, parts, supplies, and maybe camping equip). If a friend(s) join we can get a bigger trailer and just bring them all at once. I recommend not riding to track events on the bike you'll be using.

Track Days-
    Aug 18th and 19th (Sat and Sun): Shenandoah circuit with

Sep 21st (Fri): Summit Point with

School:
    Oct 22nd (Mon): VIR Grand Course with

Track info:
    Shenandoah Circuit:

Summit Point:

VIR Grand Course:
    2 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I am sorely tempted to join you on all of these but I'm going to hold off until I see how my day goes tomorrow. I don't yet know if this is something that I'm going to enjoy all that much. Very new territory for me.
    3 of 10
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    The kind of e-mail I like:
    This is an automated email to confirm your track day registration. You registered for the following days:
    Summit Point Raceway (September 21, 2012) Shenandoah Circuit (August 18, 2012) Shenandoah Circuit (August 19, 2012)

Followed by:
    This is confirmation that you are registered and paid for the Cornerspeed Level 1 Riderschool on Monday, October 22nd, 2012 at VIR (Grand Course).

Good stuff.
    4 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Rob, do you have a trailer and canopy for your track days?

Are you going to be staying up near Summit for the Aug 18 & 19th days?
    5 of 10
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I'll just rent a trailer for the weekend (room for more than one bike, easily), I have a couple of canopies already. I was thinking of just staying there near the track considering the early starts.
    6 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Ok, I'm registered for both track days Aug 18th and 19th.

Anyone else want to join us?
    7 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Turns out Rob can't make it for the track day and the R1100S is not looking so good. I contacted the track day people and they're going to let me apply the fees I paid to later track days. We'll try again in September.
    8 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    rshaug wrote:
    You registered for the following days:
    Summit Point Raceway (September 21, 2012) Shenandoah Circuit

You still doing this track day?
    9 of 10
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Sorry for the delayed response. I'm in California with JP Morgan, not back until later this coming weekend.
    10 of 10
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Ah, gotcha. Ok.