Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
SitrepSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 23
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    The 'S before Ohlins and Michelin Pilot Power 2CTS:

Photo #642
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    R1100S before Ohlins.

The S after Ohlins:

The K100RS before tires, rotors and water/oil pump:

Photo #645
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    1992 K100RS

And now:

Photo #646
    Yermo
    11 years ago

Both bikes are tested and gassed up. If I have time I want to sync the throttle bodies on the 'S. The tech at Bob's said he didn't think it was necessary but my feeling is that it could use some improvement.

The blue bike seems to be running well. Unfortunately, I'm still getting surging from the brakes; at least it's not as bad as before.

I should be in good shape for Saturday.
    2 of 23
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I should point out that the 'S with the brand spanking new Ohlins suspension properly set up by Bob's along with the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires is a /SICK BEAST/.
    3 of 23
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Oh, and Josh did kindly let me borrow his Corbin seat. It's a huge improvement over the stock seat.
    4 of 23
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    They both look great Yermo!
    5 of 23
    Ian
    11 years ago
    I think that for the "after" photos he should have included some pretty girls in bikinis, but you're right, they look great!
    6 of 23
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I think this might have been the original

Photo #647
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    The
    7 of 23
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Ooh, you're good.

Is this how you sold your bike on ebay?
    8 of 23
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    So I could order the stock rubber brake lines (3 for the front end) for $221.77 plus either tax or shipping or have Greg at Coleman build me some braided steel lines, install them and bleed the brake system for around $300. A no brainer...picking up the bike tomorrow.
    9 of 23
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    I tried at first but the shorts just didn't look right on me, LoL.
    10 of 23
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    LAUGH! Good photoshopping. However, I suspect no such photo will ever actually be taken.
    11 of 23
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Josh, excellent news on the bike. Fingers crossed that everything works well. (for us all)
    12 of 23
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Yermo, of all the people on the board I would have thought you might have guessed what application was used (somewhere around here I have the same "wizardry" poster as you). I would certainly not use Photoshop to doctor a pic for you (maybe for Josh LOL), you deserve better than a Windows app LoL .

Also...sounds like a challange to get a bikini model posed with your bike.
    13 of 23
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Awesome work, dude. I got mine back from Bob's on Wednesday night with the new HID low beam and laminar lip installed. The low beam is very bright and the lip, while not totally eliminating buffeting around my head has greatly reduced it. All gassed up. I'd have packed last night, but wound up putting in a very unexpectedly long day. So I'll work an abbreviated day today, come home early, and pack up the bike. Now if I can just get all the electronics working...
    14 of 23
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    BTW, the K100 is looking rather expensive and high maintenance these days for some reason. Not exactly sure why
    15 of 23
    skyrider65
    11 years ago
    Josh
    is been too long! but Congrats on your new Bike!! How u Been?
    16 of 23
    skyrider65
    11 years ago
    Yermo!! how u been? sorry I lost tough for some time but I was very involve in family issues. Are you still going to trail of the dragon?
    17 of 23
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Sorry to hear that.

Yea, we're leaving tomorrow and will be down at the Dragon all next week. I can't wait!
    18 of 23
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Freddy,

Sorry to hear of your family stuff. Hope all is better now.

Yeah, got an old BMW because my friend Yermo forced me to do it. My recommendation, don't ever listen to Yermo!
    19 of 23
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    laugh. I failed to remember who I was talking to.

I don't think I've actually ever used PhotoShop .. the Gimp under Linux having always suited my needs just fine.
    20 of 23
    skyrider65
    11 years ago
    Now that's funny!!
    21 of 23
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    LOL Yermo...exactly. GIMP is one of my all time fave open source tools.
    22 of 23
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Rschaug: Laugh. I wouldn't want a bikini model to pose on my bike, unless I knew the model really well. And even then I'd want her to pose in gear probably riding the bike.

Come to think of it, there is one friend I've broached the subject with. It wouldn't be a bikini photo, something much more interesting. I wonder if she'd be up for doing it ... hmmmm.
    23 of 23
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Bikinis and bikes are pretty cliche'...Xena maybe? LOL. Hmmm, I hope the wife doesn't read this forum.