Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Bike Shipping?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    So I'm beginning to toy with the idea of a ride across Europe ... but I'm curious. Have any of you shipped bikers internationally? Andrew?

Anyone know where I could get more information on how to go about shipping a bike to Europe?
    2 of 8
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    You can get an idea of the costs, timelines, and requirements here:
    Link #4834
    rshaug
    11 years ago

International motorcycle shipping quote, international motorcycle transport quote. (800) 730-3151. International motorcycle moving quote.

Get an international motorcycle shipping quote. Licensed, Insured, Trusted Ebay Partner. Instant Quotes (800) 730-3151

http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/s...

You could also just rent a bike in Europe. There are a number of outfits that will rent a bike with all required insurance etc as part of the cost. Worth looking into. I know there are BMW specific rentals as well.
    3 of 8
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Also consider buying a used bike there and then selling it after your trip. Depending on the length of your trip, that may prove to be a simple and cost-effective option.
    4 of 8
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Good suggestions but Yermo wants to ride HIS bike I'm pretty sure. I say find a way to ride it to Europe!
    5 of 8
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Yea, I was talking to my cousin Mike from Germany. It's been 4 years since I've been there. Separately I've been re-watching Long Way Round ...

So the thought of maybe shipping my bike over there and tooling around Europe a bit seemed appealing. Not sure if I'll do it, but it would be pretty cool.

I wouldn't want to rent a bike or anything like that, as Josh points out. I would really just want to ride my bike.
    6 of 8
    Moira Lee
    11 years ago
    You can take a transatlantic freighter cruise with your motorcycle:

7 of 8
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Get out of my head!!

(I had just been thinking that'd be the way to do it.)

Out!
    8 of 8
    Moira Lee
    11 years ago