Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
new saddlebagsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    rshaug
    12 years ago
    Hmm...must be going on a trip soon
    Picked up some new bags for the Ninja in prep for the upcomming Deals Gap sojourn. Went with these:
    Link #4815
    rshaug
    11 years ago

SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System Kawasaki Ninja 1000, '11- - Ninja 1000 '11-'12 - Kawasaki - Shop by Bike - TwistedThrottle.com

<b>Features:</b> <ul> <li> Made from high quality 1680 ballistic nylon </li> <li> Volume 14-21 liters per saddlebag </li> <li> Solid panniers prevent contact between saddlebags and tires </li> <li> Quick lock pannier

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trad...

Really clever design and look nice on the bike.
    2 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    Those do look pretty sweet, don't they?
    3 of 8
    rshaug
    12 years ago
    Givi makes the OEM hard bags, and they are really high quality, but I just didn't think they looked quite right for the bike. also, I think they'll probably be off more than on, so wanted something that left the bike clean when not being used. We'll see how they hold up, but the reviews on the Ninja board have been great. You'll get to see them up close and personally in just a couple of weeks
    4 of 8
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    It looks suspicially like Rob will be joining us in Deals Gap. I hope there's room for single malt in those bags.
    5 of 8
    rshaug
    12 years ago
    Single malt and diet coke...great combo! But unlikely to happen. We're going to the Smokeys, I believe my bag my have Wild Turkey in it. Also, I had a conversation with my admin today about the trip and its importance to everyone around me that it happen as planned
    6 of 8
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    The bags are installed and ready to go...here are some pics. Really ingenious support system. The rods come out when not using the bags, all that is left behind are the small brackets attached at the back peg mount.

Photo #636
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #637
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #638
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #639
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #640
    rshaug
    11 years ago

Photo #641
    rshaug
    11 years ago

7 of 8
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    They look good on the bike. Are they WYSIWYG size, or do they expand?
    8 of 8
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    They expand out a couple of inches, end up pretty good sized.