Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
I'm gonna TRY to take the "S" to Deals GapSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    It's got the sticky rubber and I've got the oil/filter for an oil change. The big issue is the brakes.

Well I finally broke down and ordered the new rotors. I hope EBC does not let me down.

Now I just need a way to mount my gps...
    2 of 8
    Ian
    12 years ago
    What's wrong with the rotors on your 'S'? Yermo's been through several sets of rotors on the K bike. Is this a coincidence or just a BMW thing?

Good move putting sticky tires on for Deal's Gap. You'll be glad you did.
    3 of 8
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Nah just an old bike thing. The scooter has 45k miles and probably the original rotors. My understanding is that rotors go bad all the time.
    5 of 8
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Oh that's a nice one.

However, I got this bad boy for $74.

6 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    I got about 70K out of the first set of rotors on the 'K bike, but most of those miles were very light brake usage. I expect future rotors will not last nearly as long.

I had terrible luck with the EBC rotors I got. They warped within the first 1000 miles, down at Deal's Gap actually. It's critical to bed the rotors and pads in correctly during break-in, which I probably did not do correctly.

I've gotten the rotors for the 'K bike but haven't bolted them on yet. I'll do that job soon. I'm also hoping to hear back from Bob's about my Ohlins order for the 'S. It should make for a much better bike for Bruce when he flies out.
    7 of 8
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Yeah, I've got my fingers crossed on the EBC's. But I just could not see paying over $400 for two flat metal discs.

All I can say to Bruce is, with friends like Yermo, why buy your own bike!
    8 of 8
    Ian
    12 years ago
    jpcfjr wrote:

All I can say to Bruce is, with friends like Yermo, why buy your own bike!

Oh, you know how it goes. You offer someone your bike and next thing they want you to fly the bike out to THEM to go for a ride.

I'm still waiting, Yermo.

Okay, that is, in fact, a joke. It's not Yermo's fault that his friends are too lame to take two weeks off and fly in for a little motorcycle trip. Well, speaking for myself, only here...