Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Spiegler RotorsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 3
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    So I forget if posted about this yet, but my new Spiegler rotors are warped. I went up to Bob's a couple of weeks ago and asked them to evaluate the stopping issue on my bike. They measure the run-out and the new rotors with only about 700 miles on them are warped.

I had been really careful and followed their bed-in procedure to the letter.

So I unbolted the rotors today, got an RMA number and have shipped them back to Spiegler. We'll see what they find.

In the meantime, I'll try to do the water/oil pump on the bike since it'll be down for at least a couple of weeks.
    2 of 3
    Ian
    12 years ago
    Is that your third set of rotors? Do you think there could be another problem, like with the wheel or its alignment that might be causing the rotors to warp?
    3 of 3
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    I asked that question to the tech, Steve, at Bob's but he seemed to think it was unlikely especially given that I have floating rotors.

He did say he's seen batches of rotors be bad. This is the second set that has warped on me. The original set that lasted 18.5 years were just done but not warped.

The second set was from EBC. They sucked from the word go.

The third set, Spiegler performance rotors, seemed to work much better but gradually developed a warp after about the first 100 miles and it got progressively worse. Steve said he didn't think there was anything I could have done wrong. I describe the process I followed and he said it was exactly as they do it there.

We'll see. It's possible I guess that one of the floater buttons is not moving freely simulating a warp. Not sure.