Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
On Wrenching: Changing Tires Yourself Using the No Mar Cycle Hill Tire ChangerSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    26 of 33
    mothman
    12 years ago
    what size anchors (outside diameter) are you going to use?

last year I bought a SDS hammer drill to install the new pool cover so
    I probally have the correct size bits.
    27 of 33
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    Josh said:

"I drilled four holes in the garage floor and installed 4 2" long threaded sleeves. I bought four 1/2" bolts"
    28 of 33
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    And he also said:

"BTW, the sleeves are Hilte. Got them at Home Depot. You drill 5/8" holes to a specified depth (so that the sleeves end up flush to the garage floor you don't want them sticking up), and then you insert a rod (I used the rod of the drill chuck key) and pound the bottom so the sleeves anchor to the concrete."

So I figure I'll just do the same.
    29 of 33
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    I picked up 1/2" inner diameter, 5/8" outer diameter 2" anchors. They didn't have the Hilte brand so I'm hoping these will work.

I'll be home most of tomorrow. Josh and I were talking about going to a ride after drilling the anchors. What time would be convenient for you to come by?
    30 of 33
    mothman
    12 years ago
    my friday morning took way longer than anticipated - I guess you were out riding
    by the time I got around.

did run into yun, said his bike was sold & the purchaser was going to pick it up sometime this weekend.

and got your text that josh was bringing his drill - so you get it mounted or just go riding?
    31 of 33
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    I got the drill but have not yet drilled the holes. It was such nice weather yesterday I figured I'd go riding for the day instead. Found some more incredible roads just North of Olney.

I'm going to be drilling holes today and seeing if I can mount the thing. I might even try to change Yun's rear tire.
    32 of 33
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    This thread is useless without pics. ;-/
    33 of 33
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    Pics will be forthcoming.